Community Health Plan of Washington - To get into the health field, this is a great company! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Community Health Plan of Washington

"To get into the health field, this is a great company!"

Current Employee - Customer Service in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Customer Service in Seattle, WA

Pros

It is a great starting point in the health area. The tuition reimbursement is great! They do offer great benefits such as time off for community service and it does not count against your vacation time. This can be used to help out in the community or help in your child's classroom. CHP does communicate very well what their ideas and or plans are for the company. They do this by closing the company once every quarter to hold an all staff meeting. They are also very involved in the community. We have events that we sponser, March of Dimes, Breast Cancer and Asthma awareness.

Cons

If you are looking for career advancement you will want to look elsewhere. The only time that you are recognized is in your evaluation you get annually. There is also a huge disconnect when it comes to Customer Service and all of the other departments. Customer Service does not get the many "perks" or "credit" given to the other departments. We are only recognized by the company for one week in October, Customer Service Week.

Advice to Management

Create more opportunities for younger people to advance within the company. Start asking questions of the non exempt employees to see how they feel and any ideas they may have.

Other Employee Reviews for Community Health Plan of Washington

"Proud to be a part of CHPW!"

I have been working at Community Health Plan of Washington full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

CHPW has a brand new CEO who is taking this company to the next level! She is dedicated to the populations we serve and to employees who work at CHPW. Worklife balance is good. Benefits are awesome, and affordable even for a family!

Cons

A lot of change right now, however it will be worth it in the end!

Advice to Management

Managers need to focus on their teams if they want to keep them. Recognize people for great work!

"Better than a few companies I've worked for"

I have been working at Community Health Plan of Washington full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great mission; I like my boss and my team; Benefits are on par with what I've received from other companies I've worked for.

Cons

High turnover, but there were some people that needed to go. There are still a few bad managers at this company.

Advice to Management

Get rid of bad managers/directors/vps. Stop being cheap with salaries. I know the company is a not for profit, but you have to pay people a living wage and I don't care what HR says, wages are NOT competitive.