Community Health Plan of Washington - A good company but with blind side to Customer Service and the importance of their role | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Community Health Plan of Washington

"A good company but with blind side to Customer Service and the importance of their role"

Current Employee - Administrator in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Administrator in Seattle, WA

Pros

Decent market fair salary - reasonable HR Dept and policies - committed colleagues who give a damn about their work

Cons

The tuition of $5000 now has strings attached fine if you dont mind making a committment to two years after study ends.
New CEO Lance Hunsinger - not really a downside more of an unknown quantity.
Customer Service is still a second stringer to the rest of the company - a great need there for change to compensation and recognition.

Advice to Management

Do something quickly to improve the incentive and motivation of the customer service representatives. Work on retention of performing staff who need a better incentive program. The quarterly staff/management offsite no longer exists - This organisation needs to plan for offsite events to compensate for this.

Other Employee Reviews for Community Health Plan of Washington

1. "To get into the health field, this is a great company!"

Current Employee - Customer Service in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Seattle, WA

Pros

It is a great starting point in the health area. The tuition reimbursement is great! They do offer great benefits such as time off for community service and it does not count against your vacation time. This can be used to help out in the community or help in your child's classroom. CHP does communicate very well what their ideas and or plans are for the company. They do this by closing the company once every quarter to hold an all staff meeting. They are also very involved in the community. We have events that we sponser, March of Dimes, Breast Cancer and Asthma awareness.

Cons

If you are looking for career advancement you will want to look elsewhere. The only time that you are recognized is in your evaluation you get annually. There is also a huge disconnect when it comes to Customer Service and all of the other departments. Customer Service does not get the many "perks" or "credit" given to the other departments. We are only recognized by the company for one week in October, Customer Service Week.

Advice to Management

Create more opportunities for younger people to advance within the company. Start asking questions of the non exempt employees to see how they feel and any ideas they may have.

"Love this company. It gets better each week."

I have been working at Community Health Plan of Washington full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Medicaid and health care continues to evolve and grow. So does chpw. We are redesigning to optimize our service to our members and providers. Lots of work to do but we have strong teams committed to the mission.

Cons

To be Medicaid plan of choice is not easy. We had to lose some staff and managers that held us back. Looks like we have bitter or jealous ex-employees following us online still. They need to move on. We are in a much better position to do terrific and rewarding work.

Advice to Management

Keep it up.