Community Health Systems - Clinical IT Consultant, Franklin-Unbelievable waste of $$$ & resources | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Community Health Systems

"Clinical IT Consultant, Franklin-Unbelievable waste of $$$ & resources"

Current Contractor - Clinical IT Consultant in Franklin, TN
Current Contractor - Clinical IT Consultant in Franklin, TN

I have been working at Community Health Systems as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a job and not much work

Cons

No remote, on-site no matter what and 100 consultants traveling to sit at corp with no cube or chair most of the time. Totally squatting wherever. No communication w/ contractor's unless headout at last minute, with no plan. Hard to deal with expenses, have to go round & round. Management does not communicate between areas or try to use resources where needed.

Advice to Management

Management does not communicate between areas or try to use resources where needed. Try to run this like a business and respect employees & contractor's and not waste OUR government money!

Other Employee Reviews for Community Health Systems

"A nice local office to work in, although corporate office is constantly looming overhead."

Current Employee - Patient Intake Coordinator in Cleveland, TN
    Current Employee - Patient Intake Coordinator in Cleveland, TN

I have been working at Community Health Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Minimal downtime, excellent technical support, emerging efficiency in processes, general team attitude within the office.

Cons

Unclear direction from regional supervisors at times, uncompetitive salary, confidence in corporation as a whole is low, especially with clinical staff.

Advice to Management

Set definitive guidelines on operational procedures and ensure all necessary parties are informed of them.

"Cummunity Health Systems is a company that is in over their heads!"

Current Employee - Retired RN/Systems Analyst in Tucson, AZ
    Current Employee - Retired RN/Systems Analyst in Tucson, AZ

I have been working at Community Health Systems part-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Compensation is average, benefits are average. If you are looking for a place to go to work, do your job, and go home, this company might be for you.

Cons

This company is the 5th company I have worked for in my 25 years at my local hospital and is by far the worst as far as being employee friendly. They treat employees like idiots who cannot think for themselves, the old "my way or the highway" even if their way is wrong. They micro manage and are in over their heads, and cannot keep up with the facilities they own. Might be okay in rural settings but not in larger communities. As a retired RN/System Analyst, I work part time because I enjoy the work and my co-workers. If I were younger and looking for a full time job I would look elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Listen to the people that work for you. Find a way to make your different departments more aware of each other. It appears that no one knows who is doing what. And give up the micro management. It only reveals the weaknesses in your company.