Community Health Systems - Good Starting Place for a career in health care but don't plan on retiring from there. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Community Health Systems

"Good Starting Place for a career in health care but don't plan on retiring from there."

Former Employee - PPSI Provider Enrollment in Franklin, TN
Former Employee - PPSI Provider Enrollment in Franklin, TN

I worked at Community Health Systems full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It is a large health care organization and has resources to help you gain valuable knowledge. There are some incredibly dedicated people out in the field, at the office sites that know what they are doing that can teach you a lot about the business side to health care.

If you are in certain departments there is great potential for career growth and development.

Cons

The company grew too fast.

The work load would get overwhelming because they did not want to hire more people and then management would drag their feet on replacing open positions.

The attendance policy at PPSI was terrible. What is the point in having sick time if you have to schedule it?

Also when something went wrong they took more time to pin-point a fall guy. It didn't matter who it was or if it was really his/her fault as long as someone could be blamed. I found it highly unprofessional and counter productive.

Disorganization and poor communication are common between departments and no one seems to know who to go to to solve many problems.

Advice to Management

Learn effective consistent communication and get all your departments on the same page.

Just because someone has been with the company a decade or more doesn't mean they know what they are doing.

Other Employee Reviews for Community Health Systems

"CHS is changing..."

Current Employee - Corporate IT in Franklin, TN
    Current Employee - Corporate IT in Franklin, TN

I have been working at Community Health Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Job security, great people to work with, challenging and rewarding. CHS acknowledges there needs to be a cultural change in the IS/IT organization. The change agents are rallying the troops and everyone can feel the difference. Plus, everyone is given an opportunity to affect change and make recommendations. I see CHS becoming an employer of choice - watch out competition...

Cons

This is truly an organization that grew overnight. If you don't like to roll your sleeves up and work hard, this is not the place for you. There is a lot to work on and improve, both in technology and culture. Don't assume it is all packaged nicely for you to just do your job. We need innovators ready to create efficient processes delivering high quality.

Advice to Management

Develop employees and continue shifting the culture. Let's cheer the change and not be afraid to be different. If the executive leadership disagrees, then I guess we keep doing it the way we have always done it - point is, no fear.

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN

I have been working at Community Health Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Company values, opportunities for advancement

Cons

Traffic/ commute to and from work is terrible