CompHealth - World class company who truly cares about every doctor, patient, client, and employee | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CompHealth

"World class company who truly cares about every doctor, patient, client, and employee"

Current Employee - Physician Recruiter in Salt Lake City, UT
Current Employee - Physician Recruiter in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

Biggest pro - ethical. They don't just say it, they mean it. So many recruiting companies out there will look the other way or even encourage recruiters to misrepresent their jobs, physicians, or themselves...or send CV's all over indiscriminently without a doctor's permission. At CompHealth there is zero tolerance for any of that. There is enough autonomy that as a recruiter you can try these things, but you won't be there long. Unethical behavior is one of the few things for which they don't coach you or attempt to help you - they'll fire you on the spot. The locums industry is cut-throat, with all the competition that is out there, and I am so proud to be at one that will never bend when it comes to ethics. I think this is the reason they stay at the top of the chain - more than what jobs they have, or anything else.

Other pros - amazing location, they truly listen to every employee, I love how they encourage partnership and communication among employees and all of the great ways there are for anyone to show official recognition and appreciation for their colleagues. I respect that the company is continuously sharing candid feedback both good and bad that is received from our physicians and clients, and particularly the steps that are taken to improve based on that feedback. In fact a physician commented here about sending his passport three times and that is one of the major focuses right now. Constantly, constantly they are promoting improvements in processes to make employees or doctors' or clients' lives easier and I think that's great.

And one more big pro for me is that everyone who has worked there for any real length of time is just happy there. I'm coming up on my second year, so I'm pretty new, but the turnover rate is by far the lowest in the industry and I have always been amazed at how satisfied and happy even the long-timers are. It is very rare to ever hear an employee griping about how they wish they worked somewhere else, or that this sucks or that sucks, or yada yada like you usually hear. Everybody feels personally vested in every assignment, everybody feels accountable and is happy when their doctors or clients are happy, and I think in a job that can be so difficult sometimes it is so nice to be somewhere that people overall are so fulfilled and satisfied by their work.

Cons

I feel like as a recruiter the compensation is fair, but the business partners (housing, hospital privileges, licensing, assignment coordinators, etc.) seem to be making much less than what they are worth. They work incredibly hard and have a lot on their shoulders - any one of them could make or break an assignment, and in many ways they are the most important element to the physicians (even though the physicians may not know that) and to the company's success as a whole - I feel. And this particular gripe is one that I have heard in the halls from time to time.

Benefits are great but could be better. And by better I mean less expensive.

I can't think of too many other cons. In reading these comments, obviously there have been some past people who weren't happy while they were there. It's a very tough job, especially at first, so I kind of get the feeling that perhaps when it didn't work out it was the company's fault in their minds. But if there are people today who are sitting at their desks feeling that way about their job or their management, that's a con and an area which could maybe use more focus.

Advice to Management

Best advice I can think of is this. Dear Management: I recommend you read every single bad review you can find, and make a practice of this, and when you see legitimate concerns acknowledge them and address them if you can. Not on review websites of course - but I mean silently acknowledge them and then go back and see what can be done to improve in that area. But then, maybe you are already doing this. I would not be a bit surprised.

Other Employee Reviews for CompHealth

"Meh..."

Former Employee - Locum Tenens Sales Representative in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Locum Tenens Sales Representative in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

Managers are hit and miss, but many of them are ok to work for. The work location isn't bad at all (mouth of the canyon, so skiing is easy after work). generally people are satisfied with the work they do

Cons

Working at CompHealth is nothing special. They're rather behind the ties when it comes to modern marketing and web technologies (so basically you aren't getting the best leads) and they're a very old-school telesales company (as in, don't talk too long trying to sell or building rapport, or you won't hit the dial metric). Sales systems are a bit antiquated and they're just now hopping onto salesforce (2+ year development that still isnt completed)
    They say they put employees first, and try to show evidence of it, but really, its superficial. Employee appreciation week essentially means the executive team ride scooters around, toss candy, bring in some speaker, and let you go home an hour early on friday (assuming your team performed exceptionally that week).
    Oddly, benefits, are pretty lackluster for a healthcare company. Education is not valued at all (you have to qualify to receive 1k of tuition reimbursement after working there over a year) and hardly anyone in the organization has a bachelors, let alone an MBA (it's viewed as a bad thing... honestly).

Advice to Management

Update systems for employees, do better SEO, promote education

"Worst job I ever had in my whole life, SO glad I quit"

Former Employee - Physician Recruiter in Murray, UT
    Former Employee - Physician Recruiter in Murray, UT

Pros

Great If.... you have NO WHERE else to work
    There is some money to be made....If you're willing to hate your life

Cons

The cubicles are awful tiny little things everyone can see over...
    The managers treat you like your incompetent
    The place is heartless, they would fire you in a second if your numbers drop for a week or 2
    The job is extremely boring
    All the management takes themselves WAY too seriously and expect you to as well
    This place sucked the life out of me... I can't even explain it, but I'd rather live under a bridge than work here
    They turn you into a freaking robot, there is no room for individual skills, talents, or personality. It's tyranny corporate culture.

Advice to Management

Try to empower your employees and let them know you trust and like them individually.
    An employee that feels unimportant is miserable. All the company parties aren't worth crap, employees need one-on-one nurturing and happy interactions. Stop wasting your money on stupid, fat parties and spend it on better, more experienced managers.