KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Current Employee, less than 1 year

Professional, Open, Accessible Administration with Serious Experience

Aug 15, 2019 - SAT/ACT Math Tutor in Chelsea, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

As a part time instructor, I get to take on as many or as few clients as I want, and have full control over my own schedule. Although I was quite experienced in private instruction before joining Compass, adapting to the Compass resources and methodologies understandably took time; fortunately, the on-boarding process was both vigorous and thorough, and gave me a sense of completion that felt rewarding. Part-time instructors also come on as Employees and not Contractors, which is great.

Cons

Compass has an exclusivity agreement, so you won't be able to tutor for them if you have ties with another instructional company whose work would suggest a conflict of interests. (However, I think most employees will agree that this is an acceptable condition.) Additionally, even with the qualification of employee, there are no benefits associated with the part-time instructor role.

Continue reading
    3 people found this review helpful

Other Employee Reviews

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Still A Great Workplace!

Sep 7, 2022 - Tutor in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Extremely smart and competent employees. Everyone wants you to succeed. A lot of the tutoring has moved online during the pandemic, and things have been smooth.

Cons

Can be hard to manage workload. No travel reimbursement.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee

Love working for this company

Aug 23, 2022 - Tutor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great support from company, curriculum, and training. I love that they supply all the materials and practice tests. I feel like I have the tools to be a successful tutor.

Cons

It's hard to have regular hours on a weekly (and, therefore, monthly) basis, so it's challenging to have a steady income that you can plan on.

Be the first to find this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Compass Education.

Compass Education Photos