Compass Group - this is a good company to progress and learn | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Compass Group

"this is a good company to progress and learn"

Current Employee - Food Service Director in New York, NY
Current Employee - Food Service Director in New York, NY

Pros

good health package
fair
good organization and explanation about marketing and ideas to develop in our unit

Cons

a lot of paperwork need to be send out
it will be good to have someone to go to units and check paperwork and daily work to make sure it's correct that we are all doing the same thing because when you take over you don't have a real training

Advice to Management

come more to units

Other Employee Reviews for Compass Group

1. "Look for career opportunities beyond Canteen Vending"

Former Employee - Customer Service Manager in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Customer Service Manager in San Jose, CA

Pros

If you would just like a Monday thru Friday job. The guys who work on the vending trucks have a lot of independence but they must follow their route.

Cons

Very poor work atmosphere. It was managment vs. labor all the time. Distrust throughout the branch. As a customer service manager coming from outside a union environment it was very hard to encourage the route drivers that the company really had their best interest in mind. I constantly heard that management didn't care so they were not going to care. As I checked the work of the route drivers I saw this was true of most of them. They filled vending machines not following guidelines and often just skipped machines altogether.

Advice to Management

Try to improve relations with labor so that the union can be voted out.

2. "Compass Group: Not a bad place to work."

Current Employee - Treasury Analyst in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Treasury Analyst in Charlotte, NC

Pros

It's a very large company with lots of room for career advancement. Since the company is so large, there's also the opportunity to change careers later if I chose to switch careers.
    Compensation seems to fair when I look at what my friends at other large companies are making. However, this may not be across the board. I originally applied for a different position at Compass where the starting salary was way under market for the position. Needless to say, I did not take that position until something better came along. Pay increases also seem to be slightly above average, up to 5.5 percent or so. Also depending on your position, there may be occasional market study increases. These are usually on in very specialized positions.

Cons

Sometimes the company seems too large. With about 360,000 employees, it's harder for your work to really stand out. You have to be that much better than your co-workers when it comes to promotions, especially in a large department or area. The impact of your work to the company can seem to gets lost with so many sub companies, departments, & areas. I've worked for other smaller companies before, & it's definitely better to have fewer bosses or "higher-ups" over you. It just means that there are that many more people to try to impress & people's toes not to step on.

Advice to Management

Nada.