Compass Group - I had an ok time working for terrible managers. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Compass Group

"I had an ok time working for terrible managers."

Former Employee - Food Server in Chattanooga, TN
Former Employee - Food Server in Chattanooga, TN

I worked at Compass Group part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There was decent pay and enough hours to keep me happy. I would have preferred a better experience, but it was alright.

Cons

Some of the managers were great, but there were also some who just didn't know how to handle employees. They berated and harassed employees who didn't do what they were supposed to do.

Advice to Management

Hire better managers.

Other Employee Reviews for Compass Group

"Low pay, oblivious management"

Current Employee - Dishwasher in Galesburg, IL
    Current Employee - Dishwasher in Galesburg, IL

I have been working at Compass Group part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some high quality people work here. They take their jobs seriously and for the most part get along with one another. The sniping/gossiping problem is relatively mild.

Cons

Office management is oblivious to the staff. My last year's employee evaluation was almost 3 months late with no explanation. I was highly rated, but then management reneged on my raise, cutting it by two/thirds. Equipment breaks down and stays busted sometimes for weeks(this is partly a hospital management i.e non-Compass failing). Management has cut expenses to the bone and got rewarded for doing so. My hours have been cut twice in three years. My employee evaluation for this year is already a month late, again with no explanation. Some office people don't even want to talk to kitchen employees. Management thinks they can cure all problems with slogans and rah-rah pep talks. And we have more company meetings than Dilbert.

Advice to Management

Hire people who have some people skills. Read W. Edwards Demings' book "Out of the Crisis".

2. "It is different experience to work in compass group"

Current Employee - Food Service Worker in Springfield, MO
    Current Employee - Food Service Worker in Springfield, MO

I have been working at Compass Group part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Treat their employee well. Pay the salary on time to their employee. As i am working at one of the chain of compass group, so i don't have much to say about compass group.

Cons

Did not find much cons accept that the pay is considerable less to the amount of work employee do and also benefits is not appropriate.

Advice to Management

Please give an equal opportunity for all the employee