Compass Group - Good Company.! | Glassdoor

"Good Company.!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockford, IL
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockford, IL

I worked at Compass Group full-time

Pros

EPA hotline for employees, benifits for part-timers, monthly training sessions, there is a program that will help employees meet their fitness goals (like lossing weight or quitting smoking), vacation pay for full time employees.

Cons

This might just be with my immediate managers, but any rules that weren't in my thin handbook were twisted around. For example, I wanted time off due to a free vacation I won. I was told, I couldn't request ANY time off period. (Not even a day, let only six) because I wasn't hadn't been there a year. Then, once I had been there a year I asked for 4-5 days off due to building stress and I was told I couldn't ask for any time off because I wasn't full time, but I could call around to find someone to fill in for me. Then once I was full time, I asked for time off to take vacation. Guess what? Now, I could only request five days off if I had aquired that much vacation pay.

This also happened with another co-worker over whether or not family members could be hired.

Other Employee Reviews for Compass Group

"Disappointing, the employee is not important"

Former Employee - Great Room Coordinator in Redmond, WA
    Former Employee - Great Room Coordinator in Redmond, WA

I worked at Compass Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some of the pros for working for the 4th largest company in the world is that you have a great infrastructure to rely on when you need to & it's worldwide, so making an international transistion is relatively easy

Cons

Everything else about this company is a con. The people they employ, the policies they abide by, the HR department, the pay, the benefits, the growth opportunities and potential, etc. Any and every thing else you can think of.

Advice to Management

My advice to managment is when you take a survey of how things are going, really listen. There are some good ideas. Re-assess what people are paid when a new responsibility is given. Do 360 reviews - where employees get to review the managers. Truly have an open door policy, dont tell people they can talk to upper management when it's frowned upon. Such a large company that cuts corners in every way, should have more money for benefits - they shouldn't be lacking so much.
    Review each branch of the company first hand. Almost everyone i know that works for Compass is unhappy.

2. "I had an ok time working for terrible managers."

Former Employee - Food Server in Chattanooga, TN
    Former Employee - Food Server in Chattanooga, TN

I worked at Compass Group part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There was decent pay and enough hours to keep me happy. I would have preferred a better experience, but it was alright.

Cons

Some of the managers were great, but there were also some who just didn't know how to handle employees. They berated and harassed employees who didn't do what they were supposed to do.

Advice to Management

Hire better managers.