Compass Group USA - Incentive programs for mid-level management would improve morale! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Compass Group USA

"Incentive programs for mid-level management would improve morale!"

Pros

Great teamwork at the local level. So many opportunities within the company if you are willing to relocate. Loved the freedom to be creative and to be allowed to work on my own.

Cons

I find it unfortunate that many of the companies under the umbrella of Compass Group don't work together better. Why paid an outside company for temp labor when you can work together to benefit your own team?

Other Employee Reviews for Compass Group USA

1. "Great company to work for. Benefits are great and pay is pretty good too."

Former Employee - Pastry Cook in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Pastry Cook in New York, NY

I worked at Compass Group USA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked for The Met Museums MDR restaurant under contract by Compass Group. They have a union you can join after 3 months of employment and after 1 year you get health insurance and PTO. MDR is not a entry-level restaurant but their pastry department is a very easy-going environment. You use a lot of the basic recipes you learned in pastry school to make most of their menu and occasionally get to experiment and try out some of your own techniques. Overall I enjoyed working there. I learned a lot about the restaurant scene and doing mass production with a small team.

Cons

Some of my challenges working here was my commute to and from work and the extensive walk from the locker room to the dining room but other than that I had no problem. I was always let to work on my own with little supervision.

Advice to Management

Communication is key when it comes to fulfilling the needs of the customer and restaurant. There always room for improvement when it comes to communication.

"You have to be in the boys club to succeed"

Former Employee - General Manager in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - General Manager in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Compass Group USA full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Opportunities to grow w/the company. There is growth if you are willing to play the game.

Cons

If you are male you can be very successful if you are a women your voice made not be heard. If you are heard you may not be taken seriously.

Advice to Management

Be open and honest, understand the HR policies for the state that you work in. Understand the women are not emotional. They view things differently - open your eyes and listen to the discussion points.