Compass Group USA - It all depends on the leadership of your Bosses. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Compass Group USA

"It all depends on the leadership of your Bosses."

Current Employee - Executive Chef in Hartford, CT
Current Employee - Executive Chef in Hartford, CT

I have been working at Compass Group USA full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Monday-Friday. Few late nights.

Cons

Political environment, challenging union workforce

Other Employee Reviews for Compass Group USA

1. "This is an awesome company to work for with a lot of growth opportunities"

Former Employee - Coat Check in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Coat Check in Chicago, IL

I worked at Compass Group USA full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very relax laid back atmosphere,but fun and exciting as we'll.The perks don't hurt either ie: the food,flowers etc that can be taken home are just icing on the so so sweet cake!!

Cons

To me there were not many cons,maybe the lack of team work that is needed when it's time to break down after the parties are over.

Advice to Management

There should be more incintives to stay overtime because you are required to work well after your schedule "off" time with no extra pay and that break down is not easy or fast kinda work.

2. "Great company to work for. Benefits are great and pay is pretty good too."

Former Employee - Pastry Cook in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Pastry Cook in New York, NY

I worked at Compass Group USA full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I worked for The Met Museums MDR restaurant under contract by Compass Group. They have a union you can join after 3 months of employment and after 1 year you get health insurance and PTO. MDR is not a entry-level restaurant but their pastry department is a very easy-going environment. You use a lot of the basic recipes you learned in pastry school to make most of their menu and occasionally get to experiment and try out some of your own techniques. Overall I enjoyed working there. I learned a lot about the restaurant scene and doing mass production with a small team.

Cons

Some of my challenges working here was my commute to and from work and the extensive walk from the locker room to the dining room but other than that I had no problem. I was always let to work on my own with little supervision.

Advice to Management

Communication is key when it comes to fulfilling the needs of the customer and restaurant. There always room for improvement when it comes to communication.