Compass Minerals - Micro-managed & stessed | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

"Micro-managed & stessed"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

I have been working at Compass Minerals full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Stable job, decent pay, somewhat flexible, nice building, good co-workers

Cons

Micro-managed, cannot move up without a degree, experience means nothing, too many bosses. Stress!

Advice to Management

CEO's come in, get rich and leave. Guess it is that way at most companies. Low morale partially due to profit sharing being unattainable for workers; but Senior Management still gets all their perks. CEO told us we're disengaged if we had been there 3+ years and should do company a favor & quit. Started Gallup. HR does nothing to help morale. Before going public we had a lot fewer layers of management and job was less stressful. Very litte job satisfaction, lower morale now. Computer systems flawed. Need to invest in systems & people, everyone stressed. Hard when the CEO has his hand in everything and management cannot make a decision. Where is the B of D's in all this? Imagine someone coming around on New Years Eve at 4:30 to see who left early. Really! Where is trust?

Other Employee Reviews for Compass Minerals

1. "Could Do SO Much Better!!"

Current Employee - Management in Ogden, UT
    Current Employee - Management in Ogden, UT

I have been working at Compass Minerals full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Recession proof products, Excellent workforce (for the most part), So much potential to be a GREAT company inspite of itself!

Cons

CEO and Leadership Team need to KEEP hiring qualified individuals to manage the company but then give them the authority and responsibility to manage their respective organizations without needing a 'hall pass' to go to the bathroom! The micro-management and ergo the disfunctionality is 'epic'

Advice to Management

You have taken the time and spent the money to hire capable middle management. Allow them to do their jobs without so much unnecessary oversight, unsolicited advice and micro management! CMP Managers have years of experience and are capable of doing our jobs effectively! Hold us responsible for our mistakes and reward us for our successes, but just let us do what we know how to do!! Please remember thant it has been a long time since we were college interns....

"Not worth the pay...."

Former Employee - Finance in Overland Park, KS
    Former Employee - Finance in Overland Park, KS

I worked at Compass Minerals full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Salary was good. There are also some really nice people that work for the company with good values and good work ethic.

Cons

The management is very negative and tend to micro manage. For example the CEO is involved in seating arrangements and cubicle moves. The atmosphere is overall very negative and very depressing to go to work each day. Many of the lower level employees are good workers but eventually demoralized by upper management.

Advice to Management

Not worth responding - they don't listen.