Compassion International - Review of Compassion as an Intern | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Compassion International

"Review of Compassion as an Intern"

Current Employee - International Program Learning Intern in Colorado Springs, CO

Pros

You do meaningful work, you are connected to people all over the world, you are making a difference for a real problem

Cons

Colorado Springs is not my favorite city to live in- it is spread out and does not have a ton of opportunities for young people

Advice to Management

The leadership is very respected, and you are doing a great job managing your organization.

Other Employee Reviews for Compassion International

1. "Great Organization"

I have been working at Compassion International full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great benefits, great environment. Thankful I get to work here!

Cons

Normal struggles as with any organization.

2. "Leadership that doesn't learn"

I have been working at Compassion International full-time

Pros

For the most part, the ministry truly helps children in poverty. I believe in the difference Compassion makes around the world. It's the internal workings that take away the desire to work here.

Cons

CEO insists on clinging to his failed leadership structure. Since he has taken over, we have laid off more than 50 people, lost an entire country, have the highest cancellation rate in the history of the organization, launched a technology infrastructure that is failing miserably (it came with a NINE-FIGURE PRICE TAG!) And our completely out-of-touch CEO hosted an ice cream party to deem it a success.
    If you are looking for a career with an opportunity for advancement, this is the last place I would recommend. Those in power continue elbowing for more. There is NO opportunity for advancement at Compassion. It does not matter what kind of leadership experience or skills you have, they are not interested in that.

Advice to Management

It's time for a re-do at the top. It's time to admit you have the wrong people in place. And it's time to admit your mistakes. Quit trying to gloss over everything like we're doing well. We are not.