Compex Legal Services - The place will suck your soul away before you realize what is happening to you | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Compex Legal Services

"The place will suck your soul away before you realize what is happening to you"

Pros

If you need a paycheck while you are looking for something else...it's a job

Cons

No training...you either learn it yourself or you don't learn it. Managment doesn't care who you are or how well you work. It's just all about the money. Poor performance is treated as well as excellent performance. There is no accountablility.

Advice to Management

Listen to and care about your good employees...if it wasn't for them you wouldn't be in business!!

Other Employee Reviews for Compex Legal Services

"Incompetence with a side of greed"

Former Employee - Order Processor in Torrance, CA
    Former Employee - Order Processor in Torrance, CA

I worked at Compex Legal Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

-Pays a little more than minimum wage
    -In the order processing department the hours were flexible

Cons

-Management both upper & lower level are incompetent at actually managing a department
     a) They will pawn off there responsibilities such as tracking our departments progress on what they call their "team leads" unfairly
     b) They will lie to you about incentives and rewards
     c) As far as order entry goes, the manager will never take a stand against bad behavior, just email constantly about it to everyone. Except when it comes to the employees getting a break, then a stand is taken against them.
     d) If going to management with a problem they will pretend to care and "yeah, yeah, yeah definitely" you out the door doing nothing to resolve it.

-If in order entry, you WILL have to do other departments left over work for them without proper training and receive nothing more than a "you're appreciated! :)" just be given a pile of new work.

-Overtime will be demanded of you, not asked of you. (Sometimes being asked to fill out a whole OT calendar for the entire month in advance)

-Employees will be told the company is overstaffed if the incoming orders are slow for a week, even if it fits into a known trend.

-Your lunch WILL be eaten out of the fridge 70% of the time

-People WILL talk about you behind your back (customer service)

Honestly there are way too many grievances too explain them all them all here, but basically they mostly have to do with the poor management stressing you out constantly and being incredibly dishonest with you.

Advice to Management

GET NEW MANAGEMENT, FROM THE TOP TO THE BOTTOM!

"It's a job but that's about it"

Former Employee - Expeditor in San Bernardino, CA
    Former Employee - Expeditor in San Bernardino, CA

I worked at Compex Legal Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Casual dress code, occasional free lunch, ice cream, donuts, etc provided by management. Work hours (5:30am - 2pm) gives you some time to do stuff during the day without having to take time off of work (i.e. doctor's appointments). Trainer (Ben) was great. Benefits offered but are quite expensive.

Cons

After my first day I had some doubts about this new job as most people do when they start a new job. After my third day I was reaching out to previous employers to see if they were hiring. By the end of my first week I was 110% motivated to find a new job. The people, at least the ones I talked to were nice enough. However I would always overhear stories about people talking about each other behind their backs, very cliquey environment. There were also stories about people stressed out all the time about work, the long hours and Saturdays they have to work because of mandatory overtime, the pressure of reaching your hourly call goals, the worry that you could be dropped just like that. It seems like every couple of weeks someone is quiting or is fired. Management doesn't seem to care about this and would rather just hire new people. I did my work but also applied like crazy to other jobs. I didn't want to have to deal with the up to 2 hours of overtime everyday, mandatory Saturdays, dingy office and dead end job with no real career growth. Some people seem to like it or at least deal with it better than others but there is no happiness in this office.

Advice to Management

Have an actual training schedule and stick to it, do not hire one person one week and then start another person a week later, that just wastes training time.