Comprehensive Health Services - Nepotism, Cronyism and poor management | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Comprehensive Health Services

"Nepotism, Cronyism and poor management"

Current Employee - CSA in Reston, VA
Current Employee - CSA in Reston, VA

I have been working at Comprehensive Health Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The lower level staff at CHS actually seems pretty competent and are the reason this company still exists.

Cons

Unrealistic expectations of upper management. Low pay. Very weak benefits. There is no work/life balance

Advice to Management

Retire.

Other Employee Reviews for Comprehensive Health Services

"One of the worst places Northern Virginia has to offer for employment!! Stay Away !!!!"

Current Employee - Client Services Administrator in Reston, VA
    Current Employee - Client Services Administrator in Reston, VA

Pros

The only pro is a Monday thru Friday work schedule; no weekends and no major holidays! Free parking and a cafe across the parking lot. That's it, no other reason to work there at all!

Cons

Unfortunately, viewing the website you get a feeling of an established, professional environment. That is not the case, a majority of the company is completely the opposite. Do not expect to be properly trained on the computer system ( or for the computer system to even work properly without freezing every 3 minutes), or to be properly informed of the contract requirements for the contract that you are assigned to work on; there is no true form of management. Forget getting a promotion, unless you are involved with the manager, or related to someone in human resources it will never happen. By far, this was the worst experience that I have ever seen in my 19 years of employment. The atmosphere is far from professional, the management is a complete joke, and don't even think about their benefit package..... you actually get away with a better deal not carrying their coverage! If someone was to approach me while I was actually at work and ask if I would recommend working at CHS, I would be honest and tell them to run. The drama, the poor management, and the he said/she said attitude of the managers is enough to make someone consider unemployment. Not a mentally stable working environment.

Advice to Management

Terminate all program managers who do not have a degree or background in the medical profession. You can not expect someone without medical knowledge to properly lead a team of individuals who are managing medical surveillance for companies.

"Stay Away!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cape Canaveral, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cape Canaveral, FL

Pros

The owner is a nice guy but can't think of anything else that was positive.

Cons

The pay and benefits are bad so the talent always leave for better opportunities. There's no leadership and management is mostly incompetent. The IT leadership is clueless and systems are always crashing. The divisions are run like separate companies and there's no communication or coordination between departments. So much profit wasted and questionable business practices that I'm suprised CHS hasn't been audited and fined. I'll be suprised if they stay in business past 2013. This is a terrible place to work.

Advice to Management

The owner should replace the entire senior leadership group.