Comprehensive Pharmacy Services - Pharmacy Technician | Glassdoor

"Pharmacy Technician"

Current Employee - Lead Pharmacy Tech/Pharmacy Purchasing Agent in Dallas, TX
Current Employee - Lead Pharmacy Tech/Pharmacy Purchasing Agent in Dallas, TX

Pros

Comprehensive Pharmacy Services offers great benefits and appreciates their employees. CPS values employee input and there is huge room for growth. They have a multitude of scolarship and employee programs.

Cons

Copmrehensive Pharmacy services requires you use your accumulated paid time off for holidays. Although I will say that this is included in an increased accrual rate.

Advice to Management

Management at Comprehensive Pharmacy Services is always willing to listen eagerly to emplyees with ideas and genuinely cares about their employees as people.

Other Employee Reviews for Comprehensive Pharmacy Services

1. "Good job"

I worked at Comprehensive Pharmacy Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fair benefits, potential to transfer if necessary, if jobs are available.

Cons

I had no negative experiences with CPS

2. "Be Careful What You Ask For!"

I have been working at Comprehensive Pharmacy Services full-time

Pros

I enjoy working for CPS and the staff and admin are great. We are supported by a lot of analytical reporting, canned P&Ps, CE and direction on how to deal with the hospital we are placed in. PTO accumulation is outstanding compared to most companies I worked for.

Cons

When I was offered the position, I was "low-balled" with regards to the salary. Actually thought that I would excel and work wonders. I thought that increases would follow based on my performance alone. Once we agreed on a salary and took the position I was able to quickly determine that the previous Director was making $11,000 more per year than me and the Director before him was making $10,000 more than him. Talk about resentment! Then I find out that CPS has zero control over the salaries and it is up to the hospital you work for - I have received no increase in pay over three years despite the savings I have secured for this facility and the many initiatives and openings of multiple clinics and pharmacies within the system- depressing! Oh and it's not just me, my staff have not received raises in over 6 years!

Advice to Management

Build compensation demands into each contract. Help prevent the hospital from saying "NO!" when increased compensation is in order!!! It's not fair to leave it solely up to the facility. CPS must stand in the employees corner and fight for our rights.