CompuCom - Small Company ... Just started it's operations in India .... | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CompuCom

"Small Company ... Just started it's operations in India ...."

Current Employee - Technical Support Administrative in Pune (India)
Current Employee - Technical Support Administrative in Pune (India)

I have been working at CompuCom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

One of the biggest company in US in Desktop support ...

Cons

No defined policies formed yet.

Advice to Management

Need to be more professional

Other Employee Reviews for CompuCom

"after 14 years. I'm still glad to have a job"

Current Employee - Field Technical Analyst
    Current Employee - Field Technical Analyst

I have been working at CompuCom full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

as a remote field techincal support analyst, I have the mobility to travel throughout the greater Los Angeles area, supproting our flients at their various branches and offices.
    I am given the autonomy of making my own decisions, scheduling and servicing the client in the best way I see fit, using company-provided laptop and wireless service.
    I've never met my boss, nor could I pick her out in a lineup. She works from the Phoenix office and we only communicate via phone, text, emails and biweekly conference calls.
    I normally only hear from here or othere management team members when there is a problem or and emergency request for support.

Cons

Communications -
    Free wirelsss phone line is a great perk, tho it's because they have a bundled service through the service providers which gives us limited customization..
    e.g., I could not get Assurion coverage on my purchased Smartphone, as my name was not directly associated with the account.
    The basic phone from their bundled deal with T-mobile gave me a 'free' POS Blackberry-style phone that short circuited after my sweating on it less than a month after getting it.
    Mileage -
    While a company-porovided van was once available, I had to buy my own car (Toyota Matrix) and submit mileage expense reports that reimburse me @ $0.48/mile, but onliy after the first 15 miles of each day.. The justification for this is that it's not fair to those workeres who commute to their offices.
    There is also a 30-day window to submit your mileage expense reports.
    Unfortunately, I've been so busy trying to keep up with the workload; up at 3am updating tickets online in my PJs, that I rearely get to submit the reimbursement requests in time.. given the price of gas the the miles i drive, I'm therefore slowliy going into debt maintaining this job.
    210k miles in 5 years. My poor car.. but it's finally paid for!

Advice to Management

I let the world be your judge

"Good place to get some experience"

Current Employee - Desktop Support Analyst
    Current Employee - Desktop Support Analyst

Pros

Good working conditions. Communication from lower level management is helpful in giving me a higher level view of how the outsourcing industry works

Cons

Pay is low compared to similar jobs.

Advice to Management

Review what your employees are actually required to do by your clients. If you can bill for the additional skills needed to support the contract you can raise pay and keep your best employees.