CompuCom - Loony Tunes Environment | Glassdoor

"Loony Tunes Environment"

Current Employee - Network Specialist in Bentonville, AR
Current Employee - Network Specialist in Bentonville, AR

I have been working at CompuCom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was able to sell them on a new idea (a FOSS-powered intranet), they made me a full-time employee developing for it and maintaining it

Cons

Disorganized, always in panic mode, reactive instead of proactive, low pay

Advice to Management

Hire enough people to fill the slots, nobody enjoys getting worked to death. Spot your talents and reward them before they get better offers elsewhere. Proactively promoting a star is much more effective than making them a counteroffer when they land a better job.

Other Employee Reviews for CompuCom

"Was a great place to work once upon a time"

Former Employee - Former Systems Integration Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Former Systems Integration Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at CompuCom full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Diverse opportunities, national coverage. The days before gentronics acquisition were the golden years, after that it went to pot. It went from caring about your people to how long can I over work people before they burn out. So sad because I truly loved working there.

Cons

Craptastic management, poor raise opportunities, reduction in force is a joke! Last set of management were all about the numbers...no people skills. Was actually glad to get RIF'ed because the severance was worth it to not even try to find work. I felt like they thought it was enough that I received severance...I really just wanted to be thanked and showed some respect.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to who you give accounts and large projects to. It's not always about money. People are the true wealth.

2. "Great Diversity - Lower than Average Pay"

Current Employee - IT Technician in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - IT Technician in Dallas, TX

I have been working at CompuCom full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

There is great diversity depending on where you will work, and plenty of learning opportunities under fire. Flexibility is key. This has been the theme, but times they are a changing. Working remotely depends on the job.

Cons

The recently implemented change management system in IT is still being formed and has bogged down the time it takes to get anything done, causing frustration. Benefits are adequate, but there are some caveats. If you smoke and, or have a spouse that is also offered health insurance at his/her job, be ready to pay an additional premium. Pay increases are fleating.

Overall rating is based on lower than average pay within the IT industry.

Advice to Management

Pay your staff according to industry standards.