CompuCom - Very good company to work for. Resourceful in which it supplies you with certification processes and reimburses. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CompuCom

"Very good company to work for. Resourceful in which it supplies you with certification processes and reimburses."

Former Employee - Senior Field Service Technician in Boston, MA
Former Employee - Senior Field Service Technician in Boston, MA

I worked at CompuCom full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

CompuCom has a very extensive training program which enables certifications and advancement. Has a diverse network of employment opportunities.

Cons

Work load expectations when contracts are not renewed or on the edge, things start to get very unbalanced.

Advice to Management

When hiring personal to a position, area coverage's/expectations: Do not multiply that workload 5 fold over time and then let that person go due to not performing. I worked for this company for 16+ years servicing multiple contracts and was let go.

Other Employee Reviews for CompuCom

"Loony Tunes Environment"

Current Employee - Network Specialist in Bentonville, AR
    Current Employee - Network Specialist in Bentonville, AR

I have been working at CompuCom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was able to sell them on a new idea (a FOSS-powered intranet), they made me a full-time employee developing for it and maintaining it

Cons

Disorganized, always in panic mode, reactive instead of proactive, low pay

Advice to Management

Hire enough people to fill the slots, nobody enjoys getting worked to death. Spot your talents and reward them before they get better offers elsewhere. Proactively promoting a star is much more effective than making them a counteroffer when they land a better job.

"Was a great place to work once upon a time"

Former Employee - Former Systems Integration Manager in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Former Systems Integration Manager in Dallas, TX

I worked at CompuCom full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Diverse opportunities, national coverage. The days before gentronics acquisition were the golden years, after that it went to pot. It went from caring about your people to how long can I over work people before they burn out. So sad because I truly loved working there.

Cons

Craptastic management, poor raise opportunities, reduction in force is a joke! Last set of management were all about the numbers...no people skills. Was actually glad to get RIF'ed because the severance was worth it to not even try to find work. I felt like they thought it was enough that I received severance...I really just wanted to be thanked and showed some respect.

Advice to Management

Pay attention to who you give accounts and large projects to. It's not always about money. People are the true wealth.