CompuCom - Great place to grow your own talent base and freedom to work how you like | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CompuCom

"Great place to grow your own talent base and freedom to work how you like"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Sacramento, CA
Current Employee - Recruiter in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at CompuCom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I love this job, I have the freedom to try out new ideas, very little micro management. The company is helpful and responsive to us remote employees.

Cons

$$ but thats basically everyone's issue.. The particular client I work with makes it difficult to grow my own $$$ Base, but I don't think thats reflective of compucom.

Other Employee Reviews for CompuCom

"Nice Benefits, Decent Career Growth...HORRIBLE Pay & Recognition"

Former Employee - Systems Support Analyst in Auburn Hills, MI
    Former Employee - Systems Support Analyst in Auburn Hills, MI

I worked at CompuCom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

CompuCom gave me an opportunity, that of which I am thankful for. They have very good medical/dental benefits and they put me through thousands of dollars worth of training that I am grateful for. But it really stops there.

Cons

Despite the training and making me a valuable asset to the company and IT Professional overall, I felt like I didn't know where I stood with them and if I was doing a good job. Not much feedback, my CompuCom Manager was missing from the client site more often that not and when he was in the office and addressing problems, it was in an Army-like way and offered solutions that didn't mesh well with the problem at hand. Maybe it was because he was gone too much.

In my almost 3 years with the company I only received a .54 raise totaling $18.54/hr. This is/was unacceptable especially after the kind of training that I was put through. How does a company hire a hard-working person, empower/train them with over 14K worth of training and fail to give a decent raise or regular recognition? I just don't get it. Needless to say, I took matters into my own hands and improved my situation myself.

Advice to Management

Pay your people in whom you've put time, energy and money into.

"Great work, great people"

Current Employee - Training Specialist in Anchorage, AK
    Current Employee - Training Specialist in Anchorage, AK

I have been working at CompuCom full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Awesome support, great work! There is also a good chunk of really fun travel to be had.

Cons

Pay is low for the work, as well as the industry. The company has not offered a raise in over 3 years to its employees...but hey, at least we have jobs right?

Advice to Management

Quit worrying about the bottom line and take care of your employees!