CompuCom - Not terrible, but many better companies out there. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CompuCom

"Not terrible, but many better companies out there."

Current Employee - Network Engineer in Minneapolis, MN
Current Employee - Network Engineer in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at CompuCom full-time (More than a year)

Pros

For any entry level engineer it's a great place to grind out some certifications. They pay for your first 2 attempts on any exam, meaning you can fail your first attempt at the CCNA and not be angry you're out $250 for the failure.

Get in, grind certs, get out is the best way to work at this company.

Cons

There really are quite a few. ZERO cost of living increases in pay for 4 years. (remember the recession was supposed to have ended in 2009? Not according to Compucom) The company had bonus' for management this year, but not a single dollar to normal employees. For a group of 50 they allotted $400 for our Christmas party. A seriously cheap company.

They only give you the holidays off on their schedule, not the company you contract at. So if your company takes off banking holidays, you get stuck taking PTO because they won't let you work that day.

They have the worst coverage of any heath care package I've seen. Dental has a max payout of $800 a year?!?! Better hope you never need to get so much as a single crown or more than 1/2 will come out of your pocket. Their health coverage in MN is pretty terrible too. ($315 per month for a family of 4, both adults in good health under the age of 35)

When getting hired get the opportunity to move up in writing.

Advice to Management

For being an IT company, it sure seems like you don't understand how important employee retention is. More than 50% of my team has turned over in 2 years, almost entirely because the rates being paid are well under industry standards. All that remains after that kind of employee churn are the people who aren't qualified enough to get a job elsewhere.

Other Employee Reviews for CompuCom

"Not a good place to work"

Current Employee - Storage Administrator in Bentonville, AR
    Current Employee - Storage Administrator in Bentonville, AR

I have been working at CompuCom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good exposure to many technologies. Close working quarters with other groups.

Cons

Poor working conditions, lack of desks and furniture falling apart

Advice to Management

Hire new management, spend money on employee work conditions

2. "Has been lied to by the recruiter"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I worked at CompuCom as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

My resource manager on the compucom side was great, but a little passive, done close to nothing to make sure my contract gets extended. pay rate was good

Cons

fishy recruiting tactics - i was lied to my face about the contract duration