CompuCom - Great Company, Poor Branch and Team management | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CompuCom

"Great Company, Poor Branch and Team management"

Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor
Current Contractor - Anonymous Contractor

I have been working at CompuCom as a contractor (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good respected company with great benefits and large contracts

Cons

Recruits and attracts good talent with good benefits. Promises temp to hire in 90 days. Then produces reason after reason instead of hiring. Some are hired in 6 months other over 1 year. This isn't the exception, it's been a rule at one NWA branch for 8 years I've worked around them. Each time a new person joins they go around saying 'will be hired in 90 days'. It almost makes you cry to know what is about to happen. They make promises to creditors and family only to stay on temp.
ZERO training. Take a seat and start to work. Generous PTO keeps us complacent. Meetings with managers consist of promises that NEVER come true. "A bump until..."Means a buck an hour raise followed by a string of messages to keep you in place for another year. Get the picture ? Temp to hire, and raises are promised but occur every 9 months to hire and 3 years for a raise. Most of the perm, the good ones, finally leave after 3-5 years. Then the process for that seat starts all over again, attract good talent with promises, string along for 3-5 and start again.
In the NWA branch I worked with there is one group that purports a team lead some of the team have never seen or actually know. She/he ? is said to send out emails occasionally but doesn't do anything for the team. Longer term associates know not to take a management position. These fall to technical people with the least people skills. How a company can bring in such great talent and poor team lead/supervisor/manager is amazing.

Advice to Management

Short Term gain will equal your long term pain. The line workers now know words don't equal actions. I hope you can sleep tonight knowing how poorly you manage some branches. But I will complement you. Some of the largest customers in the country think you do a great job because of your sales people. When the internal operations are actually some of the poorest managed in the business. You resemble a salesman with an inferior product. Sell at all cost, disregard ethics and laugh all the way to the bank.

Other Employee Reviews for CompuCom

"Management with a schizophrenic vision"

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Dallas, TX

I worked at CompuCom full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work here if you have no other career options

Cons

CompuCom's leadership have conflicting visions and no one with the leadership skills to make any of them a reality. Employee contributions are not valued as the targets change without any communication through the rank and file.

Advice to Management

Actual communication would be great. Vague "do something else, I don't know what but something" doesn't really help anyone achieve in a company.

"Poor company go work for - they don't care about their empoloyees"

Current Employee - Technical Support Analyst
    Current Employee - Technical Support Analyst

I have been working at CompuCom full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Pay for many certifications. I would say the benefits are about average. Also, vacation time seems to be about average.

Cons

They dont care about there employees no matter how much effort/devotion you give. They will push you harder and harder mo matter how much work you do. Compucom never has enough employees to handle the work load.

Advice to Management

Stick up for your sevice technicians - have some guts for a change. Don't let Sales "sign" service contracts without the Technicians and managers of Technicians thoughts/opionions.