CompuCom - Biggest Employer let down | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for CompuCom

"Biggest Employer let down"

Pros

I was there 9 Years so pretty stable, you can move from team to team, so you don't get to burnt out.

Cons

Where to begin. Management is a joke, non experienced people managing groups of 20+ people. They say they use I-til v3 process orientation, but fail on delivery to the customer. Lose key contracts due to inexperienced service desk. Inexperienced because all the people that gain experience leave because of the lack of opportunity or they are forced out because their 3% raise they received annually for the last 9 years put them in they top of their cruddy pay band. Did I mention that management is a joke. Personelle skills is not there. HR doesn't listen to your issues. And Sr. Upper management is so friendly as long as you make them look good. When you bring your concerns to them they black list your employment there. I was laid off and then they told all my peers I was fired. Beware of this company they get you in, never promote you and they will walk all over you

Advice to Management

Treat your tenured employees like gold.

Other Employee Reviews for CompuCom

"Great Co-Workers, Poor Leadership"

Former Employee - Technical Support Technician
    Former Employee - Technical Support Technician

I worked at CompuCom full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The direct management and leads tend to be very competent and will work hard to support you without micro-managing. Depending on your position, the pay can be competitive depending on the contract. When I started there, the benefits were very competitive (this has changed, unfortunately).

Cons

I was a technician that was placed on a specific contract rather than a roaming or mobile tech so many of the cons I have are related to that specific scenario. Advancement is all but impossible in many positions. If you are working on a contract and that contract is terminated, it can be very difficult for them to place you somewhere else which means you will most likely be laid off. This diminishes many of the benefits to being an employee of a company that holds a contract rather than simply a contractor. Since the economic downturn in 2008, the benefits package has been slashed time and time again until it became mostly a joke. Merit increases were suspended for most of the time I was there and I never got a raise my entire tenure. Working on a customer site, I was mostly cut off from CompuCom politics and really anybody that wasn't a direct supervisor or co-worker so I don't have a lot to say about the leadership at the company, but it was my impression that it wasn't very effective due to the steady and seemingly inevitable decline in the quality of employee benefits with really only the barest semblance of an explanation given.

Advice to Management

Concentrate on providing consistent leadership to all of your employees, even those on the lower rungs of the organization. These employees are your most visible face to your customers and so their happiness and well-being should probably be your top priority if you are interested in maintaining positive relationships in the industry. I'm not well versed on the sales team but based on the results, I would say that you might want to think about your performance there and consider innovative ways to win new contracts while also working on retention in the face of a changing marketplace.

"Company has changed over the years"

I have been working at CompuCom full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The people who work for this company are great and will do anything to assist you.

Cons

Senior management is more worried about the bottom line then employees. They have taken away some of benefits over the years and have not given raises in the past 4 years. Employee moral is low.

Advice to Management

Need to listen and do something when they get the employees surveys.