Computer Merchant - What a joke | Glassdoor

"What a joke"

Pros

The offices are beautiful. So are the Bentleys parked outside.

Cons

TCM has unresponsive, incompetent management and they have a real sleazy feel to them. The timesheet and paycheck process always seemed to be an issue. Never , ever got paid on time. Never heard from TCM to hear how my assignment was going, did I need anything, etc. When my assignment did end, I never heard from them again until they were "dying to bring me in" (the recruiter's words) because of another job opening they had several months later that matched my skillset. I politely declined. Guess what though? They sent my resume out to their client anyway. Made me look super-stupid because I had already directly applied to that company. Thanks a bunch.

Advice to Management

Employ ethical, honest business practices. Don't schmooze so much; spend the time used on schmoozing to follow up with candidates who are out on assignment. Listen to employees. Invest in technology. Oh...and pay people on time!

Other Employee Reviews for Computer Merchant

"Needs a New Approach"

Pros

This is a good place for a relatively new recruiter. The physical surroundings are attractive. The work ethic of the employees is good and the people are fun to work with.

Cons

it is a sink-or-swim mentality from day 1.The company has a revolving door for sales. The company has many more administrative and accounting people than salespeople. Most people seem to have worked there too long, or it has been their only employer, so they do not know enough about business or technology. Managers do not support their people enough. They should create a career path for people or expand job responsibilities to challenge everyone more.

Advice to Management

Try some strategy instead of monitoring phone calls. Senior management should spend more time with customers and open doors for the sales team more.

2. "Sr. IT Project Manager"

Former Contractor - IT Senior Project Manager in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Contractor - IT Senior Project Manager in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Computer Merchant as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

While working at The Computer Merchant, I found them good communicators, competitive salaries and honest.

Cons

I found The Computer Merchant to be light on finding the next opportunity.