Compuware - Strong client base - leadership heading in the right direction | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Compuware

"Strong client base - leadership heading in the right direction"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Milwaukee, WI
Current Employee - Project Manager in Milwaukee, WI

Pros

Excellent client base. Pay given even while off assignment. Strong focus and commitment to training. Bonus paid to consultants who maintain 100% billability - up to $300 per month.

Cons

Senior leadership seems focused solely on products and solutions, with Professional Services as an afterthought. Timing of merit increases as changed the last two years, causing some level of concern. Only 2 weeks paid vacation given to employees with less than 5 years.

Advice to Management

Compuware 2.0 rebranding effort generated good publicity but need to be able to sustain with existing and new clients. Naming Bob Paul as successor is also a good move.

Other Employee Reviews for Compuware

"Abandon all hope ye who enter here."

Current Employee - Professional Services Consultant in Dearborn, MI
    Current Employee - Professional Services Consultant in Dearborn, MI

Pros

The pay is decent and the benefits are very good.

Cons

I'm in "Professional Services" which is where they contract me out. My Compuware managers have no idea what I am doing day to day and they rate us based on hearsay rather than fact. It is NOT possible to change jobs once placed so no career growth nor advancement is possible. Just eternal stagnation. Managers are extremely unfair towards employees and heavily biased towards the customers. Corruption is covered up and tolerated as long as the customer doesn't complain.

Advice to Management

Try to care as much for your employees as for the customers. Provide some way to give feedback on low level managers. There needs to be some checks and balances on them. Do not force people to remain in the same position for too long when it is no longer working out. By too long I mean it's been over 6 years and they still won't let me move. My only option is to quit the company.

2. "Compuware - True relection of city of "Detroit""

Former Employee - Technical Account Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Technical Account Manager in Chicago, IL

Pros

The only good reason I can think of is there is not too much of a work pressure and unfortunately that's be'coz they don't have much business on the table to do . Especially in sales organization , they operate like a federal govt or a non-profit organization.

Cons

I can never complete this section :). The executive management , inparticular the CEO needs to go . Its high time he takes away the mainframe days culture with him and retires . They need to be more thoughtful about the re-orgs they do , than just doing them for name sake as some of the re-orgs they did made absolutely no sense to me . Some examples include merging two totally different product's sales forces was a shocker to me as the auidience for those products are totally different . The management at every level is old school of thought . They do not entertain new ideas . The company truly represents the state of city of "Detroit".

Advice to Management

Its high time they induce fresh blood into the company by being open to hiring executive people outside of Detroit and letting them operate from their location . The fact that their HQ is in Detroit seriously hinders the ability of the company to operate like it should . Serious lack of agressiveness in the sales force. Very few people have the "hunter" mentality in the sales organization . My biggest advice is spend good amount of money on marketing so that sales poeple don't have to spend half their time explaining that Compuware is a 35 year old company . Please , please for God's sake change your expense policy . IT SUCKS!