Comverge - Great people | Glassdoor

"Great people"

I have been working at Comverge full-time

Pros

colleagues are smart, interested in doing their jobs to the best of their abilities.

Cons

Benefits could use some improvements.

Other Employee Reviews for Comverge

"Not a good working experience"

I worked at Comverge full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Green energy, young company so many opportunities for new processes, good work/life balance.

Cons

Not open to ideas unless you are in management. Zero communication. No culture within the organization thus departments are very segregated. HR does not have ethical business practices. No soft skills training for managers and employees alike.

Advice to Management

The front line employees are the ones who represent the business and do the core work of the business. Start communicating with them.

2. "Comverge has a great story/business plan and the new management appreciates the efforts of employees to achieve goals."

Current Employee - Corporate Accounting/Finance
    Current Employee - Corporate Accounting/Finance

Pros

This company is positioned to be a big winner in the clean tech space. The company has histrically been run like a small company with very few procedures and documented processes. This lack of focus on fundamental company structure created confusion amoung employees. The new management team seems to appreciate the knowledge employees bring to the table and the hard work that everone puts in to achieve results. This company has made significant changes in the last 2 years that, in my opinion, are starting to make a big difference in terms of financial results and employee satisfaction. When the results start to speak for themselves the world will see the dramatic difference that can be delivered to both employees and investors. I am excited about the future and happy to be part of the Comverge team.

Cons

In the area that I work we are dealing with so many historic mistakes from previous management. This takes focus away (at times) from running the business. I think every layer of the organization is helping to work out of these issues and getting the company on the correct path but it can sometimes be very frustrating to put in so many hours fixing issues that people who are no longer here created. The previous management was so overly optimistic to everyone (employees, investors and wall street) that the company has to regain trust across the board that we can deliver what we say. This was largely the failure of our previous CFO and I am very happy he is gone and we can get on with delivering stated results on a consistant basis.

Advice to Management

Stay focused on the plan! We finally have a good business plan/strategy and the right people to execute the plan. Don't let the sins of the past distract you from delivering the results this company is capable achieving. When you deliver results the cry babies will stop crying and join the band wagon.