Con-way Freight - Con-way, not the place for IT folks | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Con-way Freight

"Con-way, not the place for IT folks"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Pros

People used to be great.

Cons

Infrastructure is outsourcing, and knowledge is evaporating.

Advice to Management

People used to be the most valuable asset. Need to get back to that.

Other Employee Reviews for Con-way Freight

"Not the best place to work!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Pros

Many of the jobs you can work from home and they have flex hours

Cons

If you are driven for success you will not be liked here. They thrive static process and you cannot shine or you will pay dearly for it.

Advice to Management

Train your management teams before putting them into management rolls. Also learn to listen to your customer more than the complaints of other lesser employees.

"SMILE IN YOUR FACE!"

Former Employee - Driver/Sales Representative in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Driver/Sales Representative in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Pay and fellow drivers. I would say med/dental etc... but that gets worse every year.

Cons

Loyalty. What you have done over the years for the company does not matter at all. Above and beyond is not encouraged. Best advice I can give is stay under the radar. If what you have to say is in any way negative, Do Not say it! You will be marked but every local descision will be sold as general office. Local management is paranoid that every day could be their last. They will smile in your face and act like your best friend, but when you need them, you are on your own. I was there 17 years. I was layed off twice and terninated once due to economic failure. All three between 93-98. Never had a chargeable accident. I've never claimed workmans comp and hadn't used a sick day in 10 years. Tore my miniscus and only missed two days and hopped for a month. Integrity! With all of that said, I was released of my duty for tardies. They rescently made their attendance policy extremely strict. There are no excused tarties! They say there are but my wife rear ended another vehicle and when I called to let them know, I was told that that was not an excuseable reason for being tardy. Flat tire wasn't either. "Get to work"! I was an above average employee and had dedicated my life to that company. Management has no idea what the policies are. Too vague. That company raised me and then killed me.

Advice to Management

Policy is written in pencil and they need to use ink. Make policies more available. They are hiding a lot and they need to be more honest, loyal, and make sure employees know that their services are only set for 10years. After that, cross every t and dot every I. Quit changing the policies for company conveinence. Try to remember your drivers are your company and they have families too. Its going to ask me my oppinion of john labrie. He is a sales person. I have know idea what effect he has on the service center I worked for. Local management blames him for everything but not sure if that's true. So, IDK how to rate john labrie.