Conagra Brands - Not too bad | Glassdoor

"Not too bad"

Former Intern - Intern
Former Intern - Intern

I worked at Conagra Brands as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Most interns work in Omaha at the corporate headquarters, but about a dozen or so work at the manufacturing facilities around the nation. I was one of the non-Omaha interns in the summer of 2009. The intern program as a whole is second to none, and dwarfs the Management Trainee program I went into after college for another company. I was flown into Omaha three or four times that summer to participate in intern events, the college world series (which was a blast) and give a presentation to the higher ups.

On a day to day basis I learned how to operate the manufacturing facility, which was a mountain of knowledge necessary to succeed in my field. I was given a couple projects to work on through out the summer as well.

Pay was very competitive. I was able to pay for 2 semesters of school after working that summer.

Can't speak to benefits since I wasn't eligible.

Although my boss could be sort of a dick head, and was always extremely stressed out it was a great experience.

Cons

None that I can speak to. Only worked at ConAgra for 3 months.

Advice to Management

None

Other Employee Reviews for Conagra Brands

1. "very good"

Pros

opportunity to make a positive difference! company has ambitious, specific goals and is looking for people with good ideas to make the goals come to life

Cons

no real downsides for people who want to make a positive difference and take on responsibility; lots of opportunity to have an impact and grow your career

Advice to Management

non

"ConAgra is a great place for Work Life Balance"

Current Employee - Key Account Manager
    Current Employee - Key Account Manager

Pros

Management
    Work Life
    Fair Pay
    Company Car
    Work from Home
    Exciting
    Ability to develop your business
    No micromanagement

Cons

Ease of Systems (though greatly improving)
    Fairness to all accounts/customers
    Hard to move up without relocating
    Sometimes transparency to what's expected is absent

Advice to Management

My manager is the best I have ever had. Completely respectful, he has a hands-off approach which makes me work harder. Advice to upper management would be that a lot of talent is lost from forcing people to relocate in order to be considered for positions. The benefit of retained talent and loyalty would far outweigh the cost of well-planned business travel.