Conagra Brands - Wonderful employees, great legacy breads, HORRIBLE management with no concept of marketing. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Conagra Brands

"Wonderful employees, great legacy breads, HORRIBLE management with no concept of marketing."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milton, PA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Milton, PA

I worked at Conagra Brands full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great place to start a career, learn about cutting edge technology (although poorly executed)

Cons

The worst healthcare coverage that was expensive, extremely HOT manufacturing environment (employee comfort of no concern to management/too cheap to install exhaust fans). No concern for employee safety (see Garner, NC). Can't move up without managers approval, and with constant turnover, managers are more concerned about keeping status quo. Work 12-16 hour days 6-7 days per week with no additional compensation. Below average pay.

Advice to Management

Hire directors and VP's that understand operations and marketing, then put them to work!

Other Employee Reviews for Conagra Brands

"College Sophomore excited for first internship, unstructured program and lack of stimulation leads to quick resignation."

Former Intern - IT Intern in Omaha, NE
    Former Intern - IT Intern in Omaha, NE

I worked at Conagra Brands as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Big company that taught me how to work with others, attractive salary.

Cons

Entered into a technical role but was not given any responsibilities and was a burden on other employees. Employees treated me as if they were babysitting me and I consider this to be my worst internship experience.

Advice to Management

The internship program was flawed when I worked there in 2010/2011. I had a boss in my building and then a mentor who was really too busy to reach out to me and check on how things were going. By the time he found out about the situation I was too embarrassed to do anything and tossed in the towel. I resigned without ever going to clean out my desk. Additionally, there was a problem with my paycheck from day one and I was being overpaid. This issue was never addressed until I quit and ConAgra came chasing after me for the money. I usually recommend that Computer Science students avoid ConAgra for internships due to my experience.

2. "Great first years but became rather toxic later."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I worked at Conagra Brands full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

More dynamic in regards to I.T than you'd expect for a big established blue chip type company. You were encouraged and supported to 'be bold'. Senior management recognized that employees individually and as groups must be permitted to innovate. This started to fall apart later as things became more and more politically contaminated.

Cons

Quite top heavy in the middle layers of management and all paths and definitions of success were defined by how fast you made it into management. This stifles technical excellence and created weird situations where one person might report to 3 same level managers.

Advice to Management

Reduce management by about one third in all layers and foster self organizing teams that can exert their maximum energy toward building competitive products and running lean projects through quickly. Share the rewards at all levels and not just to those that made it to management.