Conagra Brands - good place to work, still has legacy issues with pre-rodkin execs | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Conagra Brands

"good place to work, still has legacy issues with pre-rodkin execs"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Omaha, NE
Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Omaha, NE

Pros

nice people, reasonable work/life balance, well known and loved brands to work with, company really cares about employees and wants them to succeed, good benefits package, lots os support like you might expect at a fortune 200 company

Cons

lots of average talent (not great), failing in current economic environment when other CPGs are doing great, complete lack of planning process, same work about process for planning and budgeting is done over and over and over again annually

Advice to Management

replace executive sales leadership

Other Employee Reviews for Conagra Brands

"A company with a lot of potential, but continued disappointing performance."

Former Employee - Brand Manager in Naperville, IL
    Former Employee - Brand Manager in Naperville, IL

Pros

The work/life balance is excellent at ConAgra. Compensation and benefits are competitive within the industry. And, it's a big company, with recognized brands, that will garner some respect from smaller prospective employees.

Cons

The work/life balance is excellent unfortunately because many people are not fully engaged in their jobs. There is continuous significant restructuring and reorganization. Company direction on attaining topline growth and/or bottom line growth changes multiple times throughout the year. The marketing acumen is very poor at ConAgra. As a marketing/brand person, you can get some pretty solid general management experience, but within a consumer company, you ultimately can't continue to cost cut your way to brand health and growth. ConAgra is running into that challenge now as they have been forced to take price increases (driven by commodity increases, but also driven by low margins due to weak brands) but have struggled because their brands often compete primarily on price.

Advice to Management

Beef up the marketing acumen, it is very weak right now. Trim the fat, there are a lot of ConAgra veterans that will continue to carry the historic baggage, which I believe pulls down the culture. Get to some consistency, there is constant change and turmoil within those walls. And listen to your people, morale is extremely poor, which reflects poorly on management.

2. "Fabulous people at all levels but failing in execution"

Former Employee - Promotion Manager in Naperville, IL
    Former Employee - Promotion Manager in Naperville, IL

Pros

When I firwst started in 2006, the atmosphere was extremely positive. Upper management was excited and that enthusiasm filtered down to us. It was a time to think outside the box and really be creative in marketing. Unfortunately as commodities went up and inflation hit us -- we started rethinking and maybe overthinking everything. Still, a lot of support at all levels and a lot of faith in the quality of employees

Cons

The business was shaky to begin with (one company formed out of many small ones) and once the economy hit bottom, it impacted what we could and couldn't do. We were still talking the talk but could no longe follow through.

Advice to Management

The company is and was sales driven. We tried to be more consumer focussed but with out the budgets and time to really build momentum, we are back to a sales driven company. Everything thing is always on deal.