Concentra - Change is Necessary | Glassdoor

"Change is Necessary"

Former Employee - Account Executive
Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at Concentra full-time

Pros

Comprehensive service lines
Nationwide Company, offering multiple locations for employers
Good company model
Good employee benefits

Cons

Not technologically advanced
Poor Management
Sales Department is severely micromanaged
Need to invest more heavily in securing quality providers

Advice to Management

I've worked for the company for many years and the quality of management continues to decline. Poor management = poor morale and loss of revenue. Stop worrying so much about the Franklin Covey survey's and more about fixing the processes to improve employee moral and the patient experience.

Other Employee Reviews for Concentra

"PHYSICANS and PAs and NPs should RUNAWAY from this GREEDY,CHEAP,MONEY GRUBBING, LOUSY, INSURANCE OWNED CORPORATION."

I have been working at Concentra full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The patients are wonderful and the injury cases are really clinically enjoyable.
    The doctors,nurse practitioners,PAs,MAs,xray techs, and nurses are great to work with.

Cons

All staff that actually see patients and earn revenue are treated like cogs in the wheel.
    Patients are just numbers and dollars to this corporation.
     Physicians and midlevels are forced to see more and more patients faster,faster,faster.This corporation is about profit and making money, at the expense of the patients and physicians and nurse practitioners and PAs and MAs and xray techs, and not to mention the patients.
    The under-qualified and under-educated non-producers in corporate pick numbers out of a hat to focus on, then they lay people off or get rid of them purely based on the money they make off of them in the short term. . There is NO job security. If the sales girl attached to your center is not selling well or if there are not alot of injuries one month, the providers will erroneously be blamed and the doctors,nurse practitioners, and PAs will be losing work hours (not sales or ops) Also, non medical corporate loafers try to dictate how the doctors and other providers practice medicine, but corporate loudly denies this, although it is true. Corporate wants you to treat the patients following corporate's predetermined plan that makes them lots of money.
     Employer clients with employees who get injured and Patients that walk into the centers are likely to become financial victims of this greedy corporation.The physicians,nurse practitioners, and PAs who try to practice medicine based on what the individual patient needs are villianized by hostile corporate sales and ops leaders.
    Work here only at your own professional and ethical peril.

Advice to Management

Treat the healthcare staff that provide the services you sell carefully. You need them. There is a national shortage of all healthcare providers, and they can get a better job,in a less hostile environment, paying more money,doing less work, in no time at all. It seems many are doing just that. There is an incredibly high turn over rate for the health care providers because they are treated like garbage by this company.

"Temps get treated like temps."

Pros

If you're a temp you get paid weekly. If you are a temp and get assigned to the phone team you will go perm within 3 months.

Cons

Temporary employees get treated as such. If your numbers are good they will tell you "because you are a temp and not an actual employee of Concentra you can't be recognized in meetings or participate in the incentive program they have." You might as well spit in my face and call it rain. You mean to tell me I'm doing the work for the company but can not be treated as such?! They let you work as a temp for months to a year without advancement. They say they have your best interest in mind in hiring you on permanently, but they will bring in others to do a job that you are currently doing and hire them on directly. If you are successful in brown-nosing then this is the company for you. Even the permanent employees that work there are unhappy. I worked at the Plano location under a manager that had her team taken from her several different times due to her work ethics. If you just need a job, this is for you, but if you want to succeed, go elsewhere. I worked here for 9 months and was never offered a job. I was told "we're not hiring right now" but they still hired people on directly or brought in other temps days within telling me the previous statement. I hope the people that are there get what they are looking for. I hope the upper management that is there gets a clue on how to handle people. I don't understand people who say they disagree with how a company is ran but still continue to work there. Stand for something or fall for anything. BUT I guess everyone needs to get paid and this is a dog eat dog world.

Advice to Management

The only advice they would take is from Humana on how to demean their employees.