Concentra - It is fine. | Glassdoor

"It is fine."

Current Employee - Customer Service in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Customer Service in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Concentra full-time

Pros

Easy going, casual and comfortable.

Cons

Lack of communication, Humana is selling us off piece by piece, they hire incompetant people so they can pay them less.

Advice to Management

Let your employees know what is going on, they are adults and can handle it.

Other Employee Reviews for Concentra

"Not a good place to work for"

Current Employee - Referral Coordinator in Lombard, IL
    Current Employee - Referral Coordinator in Lombard, IL

I have been working at Concentra full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Dress code, BBQ for 4th of July, Close to many fast food places to order in or go to for lunch

Cons

Management, Office Politics, Supervisors, Did I already say OFFICE POLITICS!

Advice to Management

Many good, nice and knowledgable people that work hard but do not get treated with repsect. Too much favoritism-who you know not what you know is a bad thing.

"Will be Surprised if Concentra lasts into 2014"

Former Employee - Front Office Specialist in Conyers, GA
    Former Employee - Front Office Specialist in Conyers, GA

I worked at Concentra full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

This company needs to be profiled on 20/20 or Dateline for the WORST EVER in existence!

Benefits:

Aside from the 401K (if you can AFFORD to contribute even 1%) Dental PPO and Flexible Spending the medical is EXTRA EXPENSIVE with high co-pays and deductibles. If you need to cover yourself and family -- plan on having up to $500/month deducted from your check. So in other words, PRAY to never have a chronic condition requiring insurance coverage. You'd make out better going to Minute Clinic or paying cash for an annual physical than spending $6,000/year of your MEAGER salary on a plan you'd hardly use.

Cons

Pay:

HORRIBLE. Don't expect more than $12.00/hour to start in ANY non-clinical position. Worked there almost EIGHT YEARS and only received a cumulative of 30 cents in raises the ENTIRE TIME. At the halfway mark they REDUCED our pay by 10% to avoid lay-offs, only to give us back our original pay a year later and NEVER give us any raises -- DESPITE positive annual reviews. Concentra was bought out by Humana over a year ago and they gave us all $1,000 tax free bonus as a "welcome gift"/consolation pay. That was the LAST we ever saw of any financial incentives.

Company Culture:

Kill or be killed. No honor among thieves. Every man for himself. No opportunities for growth. Textbook example of a DEAD END JOB.

Management:

Aside from the Center Administrators (office managers), the physicians and therapists are EXTREMELY unprofessional, petty, two-faced and a couple are bordering on inept. CONSTANT errors and client complaints. Regional management is a JOKE and pressure centers to perform under conditions NOT conducive to success: Short staffed, underpaid, overworked, under appreciated. They've FIRED three Center Administrators in as many years. You do the math.

Physicians and Therapists:

Concentra is CLEARLY a dumping ground for physicians and therapists that either didn't make good grades in school and/or cannot secure employment in a more REPUTABLE and RESPECTED organization. No one with true talent, experience and intellect would risk their credentials on such a place otherwise. There are FAR TOO MANY other hospital and clinic options out there -- unless you aren't as "qualified" as you should be to secure THOSE positions.

Convinced to avoid this place yet?

Advice to Management

Offer Better pay. Pay regular merit increases. Get more AFFORDABLE health benefits. Stop firing management that actually CARE about their staff. Provide training and opportunities for advancement.