Concur - Concur Has Potential | Glassdoor

"Concur Has Potential"

Former Employee - Tripit in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Tripit in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Concur full-time

Pros

- The company's stock seems to be doing pretty well
- Work/Life balance was pretty reasonable
- It's obvious that the company's mission is to create the best product for customers as possible.

Cons

- I worked for Tripit - Concur's corporate culture is smothering the young company and and ruining the creative environment.
- I worked in advertising - the woman in charge of the team is smart enough to be a middle manager but shouldn't be working directly with a team. She does not support the team in an effective way, bullied a number of people until they quit in order to get them out in a very unethical manner, doesn't have a full understanding of the work her employees do, has successfully angered most of the the Tripit team in SF and has created an environment w/in the team where people deal with her instead of respect her. I would strongly recommend not working on the ad sales team at Tripit.

Advice to Management

Make sure middle managers are properly trained before they're allowed to interact with their employess.

Other Employee Reviews for Concur

"Great company - committed to transforming cloud"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Bellevue, WA
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Concur full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People who complain here about the code stack do not understand the "cloud". Concur's challenges are no different than any other cloud companies; and I've been with one of the largest cloud companies in the market and have seen the same.

The thing I am most impressed about is Concur is doing something about the way the cloud has evolved, which is to change it. I find my role really fulfilling in that I play a role in not only disrupting the travel and expense industry, but developing a strong platform to support the infinite number of travel and expense apps in the mobile world.

I love:
    - Concur respects me and my work
    - Doesn't focus on volume of work like my previous employer, but on quality and gives me time to get things done
    - Balance is relative, but compared to my previous companies, this place really respects family time and appreciates you when you do need to overtime
    - A lot of talk about career

Cons

Things are not perfect, but our leaders open up opportunities for feedback. We can be disorganized at times, but I have not seen any different at any other company I've worked in. Being patient is key.

Company can be arrogant at times, I think looking deeper into what competition is doing than attack them will be key to changing and evolving own technology.

Advice to Management

Continue to hire new leaders to keep new ideas coming

"Fast paced environment. Very Technical and Very good team to work with."

Current Employee - Senior Design Engineer in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Senior Design Engineer in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Concur full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Technology company very fast paced.
    Learn new technologies.
    Work satisfaction.

Cons

Hectic.
    At times might be difficult to have a work life balance.
    To climb up the ladder you need to put in more hours.