Condé Nast - Satisfied but not thrilled | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Condé Nast

"Satisfied but not thrilled"

Current Employee - Associate Editor in New York, NY
Current Employee - Associate Editor in New York, NY

Pros

Conde Nast is a great place to work because of it's superior reputation—I think it's a great line on your resume and very well respected in the industry. It's the kind of place that everyone is interested in, whether is learning about Anna Wintour or what the cafeteria is like—everybody is curious and maybe a bit jealous. I also really respect the editorial freedom we are granted. The benefits package, including medical, dental and other benefits like museum discounts, fitness reimbursement, and tuition allowance are also great. And, I really like the people—there are lots of interesting and creative individuals at the company.

Cons

Although I like my job at Conde Nast and am satisfied overall, there are some drawbacks. As most people probably already know, the salaries tend to be low. I'm not sure how they are for more senior positions, but on the lower levels they are well, low. My other complaint is the lack of positive feedback. I feel like we get all the negative, all the complaints and problems but we put in all this time and do so much hard work and that often isn't recognized, it's simply expected. I would feel better about my job if I got some more support and feedback from management.

Advice to Management

I would appreciate more positive reinforcement and support.

Other Employee Reviews for Condé Nast

1. "A great place to work if you ignore the politics"

Current Employee - Senior Technology Manager in Wilmington, DE
    Current Employee - Senior Technology Manager in Wilmington, DE

Pros

Being a private company, things happen very fast.

Cons

Although stockholders are not involved, it still takes a tremendous amount of time to make 'policy' type changes eventhough other actions occur at the flick of a switch

Advice to Management

Be more open with information/goals/future plans so that employees can help work toward the goals.

2. "Looks great on resume"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Pros

All in all a good place to get experience since certain departments are well funded. Looks great on the resume. I personally found the people who work there to be somewhat intelligent and some of them are nice, but certainly not geniuses. Because of this, I really didn't have a hard time distinguishing myself as an above average employee.

Cons

I think their whole reason for success will be tested in the upcoming years with the new focus on conservative, thoughtful saving and the death of conspicuous consumption. They will need to work hard to blend in some humility and social consciousness in the pages of their magazines.

Advice to Management

I know you have an image to uphold but you really might want to think about expanding the net to find employees who are more intelligent and less "model" like. You need real talent in your employee pool.