Condé Nast - Incredible opportunities and projects.... and with it comes hard work and politics | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Condé Nast

"Incredible opportunities and projects.... and with it comes hard work and politics"

I worked at Condé Nast full-time

Pros

Incredible brands and some of the most brilliant people I have ever worked with. This brand as a whole puts their all into what they create and it shows. You will gain access to some of the most inspiring projects and really learn alot (no matter entry or sr. level)

Cons

There is a bit of an "old boys club"/nepotism type mentality that can be a bit obnoxious. You will have to learn their political game here to stay afloat. Having a strong personality, with a grounded sense of self is always a good compass. Being a traditional publishing house, they are still a bit slower to move in terms of how to engage with the newer media platforms. There is movement, and not much further off from their main competition, but still behind all the same.

Advice to Management

I only wish upper mgmnt would put greater emphasis in nurturing and fostering their talent. This company draws some of the top emerging talent in the publishing industry. Its a shame to see it wasted by not embracing the "foster from within" mentality. Too often I have seen incredibly bright and upcoming talent, have to leave in order to get to their next career level due to old and broken management red tape. Its a shame and quite telling when you see career records of most of their employees, with stints off and on at this company for a span of 10-15 years....

Other Employee Reviews for Condé Nast

1. "It’s O.K. so long as you remember to enforce your own boundaries"

I have been working at Condé Nast full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Some people think working at Conde Nast is prestigious. You'll meet some interesting, maybe famous, people. If you have a strong enough personality you can create the situation you prefer.

Cons

The publishing industry as a whole is unsure of itself. You have to look out for yourself to maintain a work life balance. Benefits could be better.

2. "Amazing Opportunity"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Condé Nast as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

As an intern, you got to learn the ins and outs of what makes a magazine. The experience and the connections made are invaluable. We were all treated well. The staff did not make us go on crazy errand runs in the city. I learned so much and it cemented my dream of going into the magazine industry.

Cons

The position was unpaid. There were too many interns that at times we were sitting around not doing much. Conde Nast unfortunately decided to end its internship program.

Advice to Management

It would've been nice to pitch in ideas for the website or magazine.