Condé Nast - Incredible opportunities and projects.... and with it comes hard work and politics | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for Condé Nast

"Incredible opportunities and projects.... and with it comes hard work and politics"

I worked at Condé Nast full-time

Pros

Incredible brands and some of the most brilliant people I have ever worked with. This brand as a whole puts their all into what they create and it shows. You will gain access to some of the most inspiring projects and really learn alot (no matter entry or sr. level)

Cons

There is a bit of an "old boys club"/nepotism type mentality that can be a bit obnoxious. You will have to learn their political game here to stay afloat. Having a strong personality, with a grounded sense of self is always a good compass. Being a traditional publishing house, they are still a bit slower to move in terms of how to engage with the newer media platforms. There is movement, and not much further off from their main competition, but still behind all the same.

Advice to Management

I only wish upper mgmnt would put greater emphasis in nurturing and fostering their talent. This company draws some of the top emerging talent in the publishing industry. Its a shame to see it wasted by not embracing the "foster from within" mentality. Too often I have seen incredibly bright and upcoming talent, have to leave in order to get to their next career level due to old and broken management red tape. Its a shame and quite telling when you see career records of most of their employees, with stints off and on at this company for a span of 10-15 years....

Other Employee Reviews for Condé Nast

"Intern at The New Yorker"

Former Intern - At the New Yorker in New York, NY
    Former Intern - At the New Yorker in New York, NY

I worked at Condé Nast as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Great offices, great teams.
    It's a really cool place for an internship: they give you interesting work, they give good advice and explain theirs jobs.
    They have special conferences for interns where management from different magazines of the group come and talk about their experience.

Cons

As an intern I don't have much to say for cons.

"Fashion Intern"

Former Intern - Fashion Intern in New York, NY
    Former Intern - Fashion Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Condé Nast as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

Treated very well by everyone on the staff. Was able to build my own contacts from speaking with PR reps on a daily basis. Learned a lot about sample trafficking. Staff really seemed to care about my personal growth

Cons

The position had a daily stipend of $12 a day. Because I interned many times a week and was still in school, it was hard to find another part time job to compensate