Conifer Health Solutions - You better not get sick because you can't afford the doctor | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Conifer Health Solutions

"You better not get sick because you can't afford the doctor"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tacoma, WA

I have been working at Conifer Health Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I enjoy my co-workers, and I happen to really like my manager. I like what I do and I feel as though my contributions are recognized. My pay is decent but I know people who do the same work as I do who make about 15-20% more than I do.

Cons

Health benefits are the worst I have ever had from any company that I have ever worked for. I even work inside of a hospital but I cannot afford to get sick. We are only offered a high-deductible health plan and my in-network out-of-pocket costs are $5200 before anything is covered. I have even had to discontinue a necessary treatment that I have been on for years that I can't get covered with my Conifer-sponsored health plan, even though it has always been covered in the past with past employer's insurance. And the biggest disappointment of all is that because I work in Tacoma, WA, I can't get my co-insurance waived like those who work for Conifer near Tenet facilities can (we don't have Tenet facilities in Washington). All I know is that I work hard for this company and I do great work. But they will lose me if they don't amp up their health coverage and benefits that I have been used to having in the past. I work in a hospital for God sakes. But God forbid I get sick.

Advice to Management

You are never going to retain quality employees in the NW region if you do not seriously start looking at some better health benefits. It's a serious problem here. It's a problem that causes anxiety and uncertainty in your employees in this market. If Conifer can offer better benefits in this region, I promise that your company will see better, qualified people who can provide quality results knocking down the doors to work for you. And while you may hire that person, that person will be looking for another job that they KNOW will provide the benefits they need, when they should be feeling secure and happy where they are.

Other Employee Reviews for Conifer Health Solutions

1. "Great company with great potential...needs to innovate and automate more"

Current Contractor - Contractor in Dallas, TX
    Current Contractor - Contractor in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Conifer Health Solutions as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

great people, working space and growth opportunities

Cons

need to be more aggressive at driving automation throughout the organization

Advice to Management

hire more talent that challenges status quo thinking...

"Stay Away"

I worked at Conifer Health Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get a paycheck and thats about it

Cons

The list is too long - some are - pay and benefits below par, upper management is bunch of useless folks that are either industry rejects or laid off from them previous jobs. The company is nothing better than a mom and pop shop

Advice to Management

Please retire