Connect DFW - Great Company to work for! | Glassdoor
  1. "Great Company to work for!"

Current Employee - Management in Fort Worth, TX

I have been working at Connect DFW full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

If you love people, this is the best place to be. I never really knew what really drove me in a job until I started working with, training and driving people. I use to be all about sales, but once I received gratification from being the one who helped that person to where they wanted to be, I knew what I was put on this earth for. If I can see someone else succeed and know that I had something to do with it, thats... what I discovered as my drive in this company. Something I have also learned is developing the natural gift of understanding the psychology of people. This company has given me the gift to be able to understand people more. I even have found out the best way to understand where I lack and where I do very well. Every person here is goal oriented and driven to crush their goals. Every person wants to help one another. Every person is invested in making their lives better. Every person loves to simply have fun, but work hard at the same time. Dont listen to the negative comments you see on here, all they are are people who didn't want better for themselves. They gave up. Life is tough when you always quit. This company has tought me how to be a hustler. Have fun at work and you'll never work a day in your life. If you can invest yourself for one year here and overcome adversity, you'll be very well off in the end.

Cons

The commute.. I live an hour away. Sometimes the hours, but you dont become well off and successful working a 9-5.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

Connect DFW2017-11-04
  1. ""Sport Marketing Sales""

I worked at Connect DFW part-time

Pros

Honestly just the people you work with, they are very determined to do a great job and are inspiring. It's sad though because they will never make the money they are told they will make.

Cons

Where do I even begin... They scam you into the job. Don't tell you that you will be a door to door sales person. Drop you in random areas and make you walk for hours until you about 6pm then you go back to the office sweaty, all to do it over again the next day. DO NOT TAKE THIS JOB. It is a fraud.

Advice to Management

Stop lying to your employees.

Connect DFW2018-08-28

"Not what you would expect"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Irving, TX

I worked at Connect DFW part-time for more than a year

Pros

Optimistic crew and SOME(not all)great leaders. I also got to learn about baseball . It definitely made me realize marketing was not for me and gave me the drive to get my accounting degree so I would not end up working a job like that ever in my life.

Cons

First of all I want to point out that this was an internship. During the interview they made it seem like it was going to be an exciting and rewarding experience by saying that they do "B2B" marketing (Business to Business). They explained how people succeeded and owned their own offices in other states etc. Made it seem all great but left out what a day to day work day would be like. Keep in mind that even... though I was an internship I was treated just like any other employee. So this is how each day would go: You came in at 8 am and practiced the pitches you would have to give out that day. The pitch depended on the outcome of last nigh't baseball game. At 9 am you would drive out in groups of two or three to a section you were designated to do door to door sales. You'd have to walk all day trying to sell baseball ticket packages to people off the street, nail salons, malls, offices. Anywhere where you wouldn't get kicked out. Everything was based off commission, so if you only sold 3-4 packages you would only make $32 in one day. Keep in mind that if you were sent to a ghetto place and you are a young lady dressed professionally expect to be cat called. Expect to be rudely talked to and kicked off properties by owners. This type of marketing was soliciting(Solicitation is the act of offering, or attempting to purchase, goods or services). At 6 or so you would get back to the office and your leader would help you break down how many packages you sold and what you can improve on etc. There is high turnover in this office. I was only there for two months and I saw people come and go. People would just not show up sometimes. People who left the company would get talked bad on at times by leaders so leaving the company was looked down upon. This was one of my most non-favorable internship experiences. Oh and I forgot to add if you accidentally lose a packet you were responsible for covering the costs or if the credit card info that a buyer gave you did not go through you were also liable for that.

Advice to Management

In the interview be blunt with your prospective employees about what a day to day would look like and tell them what to expect from people you try to sell to in the field. This job has a high turnover rate for a reason.

Connect DFW2018-03-06

Discover more reviews about Connect DFW.