Connecticut Children's Medical Center - We are a family! | Glassdoor

"We are a family!"

Pros

Family Centered Care environment. I feel I have autonomy in my position and my decisions are backed by my immediate manager. I love coming to work each and every day.

Cons

Not all staff including management exhibit the qualities needed to be a top employer. Better consistency of making sure all management treat staff as appropriate.

Advice to Management

Please continue to focus on making your leadership team the best it can be and if staff continuously complain about certain managers, please take it seriously.

Other Employee Reviews for Connecticut Children's Medical Center

"So far.... so good...."

Pros

All my experiences so far at this job are much better than the last one I had! Ethical practices here at this organization are top notch, and it comes as no surprise to me that CCMC has been named a best place to work for in our state in the past. My feeling is that the administration at all levels of the organization genuinely care about their employees’ welfare and well-being. Management at this organization is very ethical and fair, and I feel like they also value their employees’ ideas and opinions. There’s none of that corporate mentality or vindictive behavior which I’ve seen at other places that I’ve worked at in the past. All of the people who I work with, whether as colleagues or in administrative roles are able to accept constructive criticism rather than taking things personally. That is always an added plus and something which I think is extremely important at any place that you work at, regardless of industry or sector. Something else which I was pleasantly surprised by during the first few months of my employment here was how thorough and organized everything was!! There seems to be virtually nothing that doesn’t have either a specific procedure or set of operation codes attached to it. Everything right down to the most simplistic and basic of operations has been meticulously thought out in advance with patient safety always being their main priority. Pay and benefits here at CCMC are just average but I feel like there is still opportunity for career growth later on. One of the best benefits offered here at CCMC in my opinion is the amount of generous vacation time offered. Even for someone relatively new to the organization, I feel like there is quite a bit of vacation time which I’ve already accrued. Of course the biggest positive to working here are the children!! Isn’t that why we all got into this line of work in the first place? Seeing all of them grow and show their strength and resilience lights up my heart each and every single day!!

Cons

Even if I strained myself to think of one, there aren’t very many which stand out as immediate issues or problems right now. Some of the equipment here could always be better and upgraded with technology that’s more efficient and modern. Pay raises could also improve a little more. Other than that, I would say there is not much at this time which needs to improve or change. Hopefully my opinion will remain unchanged several months (or years) from now!

Advice to Management

Technological advances do need to be made with some of the equipment. Some of the machines and equipment do need to be upgraded with more modern and efficient technology. Pay raises could also be a little bit better, in my opinion. Benefits offered through CCMC are pretty good, but I do think that the tuition reimbursement benefit could be a bit more competitive.

2. "Patient Access Associate"

Current Employee - Patient Access Associate
    Current Employee - Patient Access Associate

I have been working at Connecticut Children's Medical Center full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The environment is awesome. Doctors, nurses and the rest of the staff make Children's Hospital a great place to work at.

Cons

Seeing the kids struggle and in pain