Connections Academy - I like working for CA because it provides an excellent academic experience for children who are taught at home. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Connections Academy

"I like working for CA because it provides an excellent academic experience for children who are taught at home."

Current Employee - Elementary Teacher in White City, OR
Current Employee - Elementary Teacher in White City, OR

Pros

First in importance to me is children can be taught at home with quality curriculum and highly qualified teacher assessment and support. I enjoy working with families who have chosen to provide their children with the best free public education venue. Parents know their children best and it is my priviledge to support and encourage children learning with their learning coach, who knows them best, by their side. Each child as their own personal aide. Secondly, I am able to work from home. I greatly appreciate the quality of the technology which delivers this wonderful learning managment system.

Cons

The downside to Connections Academy is for students who are really slow processors and or have behavioral issues which get in the way of them getting enough work completed.

Advice to Management

I would like to see an alternative format developed for general ed and special ed children who need a much slower pace. I would like to see a bare bones curriculum format to streamline for those children who come to Connections from traditional brick and mortar settings when they are very deficient in basic reading, writing, and math skills because they spent so much time out of the room because of behavior related issues. It would also be helpful to have a counselor available to work with families who are having a hard time getting their children's behavior under control so the time for school is well spent. As online teachers, we are very limited in these situations. In my opinion, I feel children who flourish in Connections Academy are those who are average to normal intelligence, or have parents and or learning coaches who are able to motivate their children to be engaged learners.

Other Employee Reviews for Connections Academy

"A much different experience than what i was expecting"

Current Employee - Secondary Teacher in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Secondary Teacher in Las Vegas, NV

Pros

More time to teach, spend less disciplining. Can work from home.

Cons

Not a lot of interaction between office staff and work from home staff. We are paid less than other teachers in our area. Also our medical insurance is horrid. We do not get the same coverage as other teachers.

Advice to Management

Get better insurance coverage for your teachers. When we are at field trips we end up sick due to not being around them as often as we use to, better insurance will help keep us healthy and at work. Also raise our pay

2. "Great Company!"

Current Employee - Online Teacher
    Current Employee - Online Teacher

Pros

Everyone there is an amazing person and great to work with! Everyone is also willing to help you out. It's nice to have the option to work from home.

Cons

Many teachers complain about the pay and end up leaving for this reason, but I know it could be worse, so I'm thankful.