Connells - Hours hours and more hours opposite for pay | Glassdoor
  1. "Hours hours and more hours opposite for pay"

Current Employee - Sales Negotiator in Newport Pagnell, England

I have been working at Connells full-time for more than a year

Pros

If you get placed in an established office in the area (still unlikely) you're set and the opportunities are reasonable.

Cons

Where do I begin? -Ridiculous working hours (57.5 Per Week) if you leave on time, which if you leave bang on 6/7 dependant on day, without getting everything you planned done, you're frowned upon. -No appreciation from anybody above domestic manager level (IF YOU EVEN THAT LUCKY). Weak self centred managers all over the company with no intention to better their own staff, just to improve their own figures... regardless of what they have to put you through. -Pay levels under minimum wage then using the excuse: 'it's a commission based job so you're only earning that because you're not working hard enough.'. Incorrect, maybe if I was being paid ATLEAST minimum wage then I would be motivated to go even more of an extra mile than I'm currently going. -Don't go the extra mile, you will be told that it will all come back and reward you and that the fruits of your labour will be given to you but no matter how hard you work, it will never be good enough unless you are the area directors favourite. Not area specific I can imagine due to the other reviews I've seen on people in similar mindsets. -Unrealistic targets that are set over the whole area, not for specific offices. You are all targeted a specific amount of mortgage appointments and valuations irrespective of your office being a flagship city branch or a small branch in a village / town. You are then grilled and interviewed and pressured into putting more hours in in order to achieve what they want you to achieve, not motivated at all. Praise is very unlikely, punishment is likely.

Advice to Management

See the above.

Connells2018-04-04

Other Employee Reviews

"Reasonable place to work"

I worked at Connells full-time

Pros

Variety, each day a little different

Cons

Very poor commission structure, antiquated systems and duplicitous paperwork - very long hours

Advice to Management

Modernize

Connells2013-10-01
  2. "Sales"

Current Employee - Sales Negotiator in Christchurch, England

I have been working at Connells full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good management style and good work ethic

Cons

Long hours and sometimes micro management

Connells2019-08-20

Discover more reviews about Connells.