ConocoPhillips - Good experience so far | Glassdoor

"Good experience so far"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bartlesville, OK
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bartlesville, OK

I have been working at ConocoPhillips full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- New CEO Ryan Lance seems like he is trying to do more for his employees than Mulva did example: getting rid of Mulva's joke of a forced rating system.
example: raising the bonus target rate's for certain salary grades.
 - Good retirement (although not as good as Devon's) benefits & good health benefits/insurance.
 - Good work/life balance
 - 19/30 days (work an extra 30 minutes a day and get 1 day off per month, does not count against vacation)

Cons

- I have been told by some of the leadership in my department that COP does not make counter-offers to employees that have received a better offer from another company (maybe they were just referring to my department, not the company as a whole?). I don't know if this is true or if I was just getting the run around.
 - Christmas (or Holiday) parties are LAME compared to other companies in the industry.
 - Bartlesville facilities are terrible compared to our peers' in this state. This is why there is a lot of turnover in Bartlesville amongst the younger generations.
 - We don't find the oil, we follow everybody else to it.

Advice to Management

Mr. Lance, if what I have been told is true, perhaps you should consider adopting a counter-offer policy in order to retain top talent? And if we do have a counter-offer policy, perhaps you should schedule a "lunch and learn" for some of the Bartlesville leadership.

Other Employee Reviews for ConocoPhillips