ConocoPhillips - Great company - ethics and safety are priorities | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for ConocoPhillips

"Great company - ethics and safety are priorities"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

I have been working at ConocoPhillips full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Genuine culture of safety. Employees feel like they matter and are empowered.

Cons

Work-life balance is a challenge for some groups. Overall the company is a bit "stiff" and doesn't like to have fun.

Other Employee Reviews for ConocoPhillips

"Spent 34 years with Phillips and ConocoPhillips"

Former Employee - Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at ConocoPhillips full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

When you compnare benefits to the top 3 oil compancies, I should have interviewed with Cheveron and Exxon as their Retirement plan was much better.

Cons

I got caught up in the Conoco Vs Phillps management fight for control of the company that occurred in 2002-2012. How this happened was all of the top jobs went to the Phillipss guys, as truly as everyone knows , Phillips took over Conoco and not vica versa. The name of the company was a last minute deal that Phillips management agreed to get controil of the company. Unfortunatly, while the top layer was Phillips personnel, the next layer was alll Conoco Personnel. So if you were in that 3rd tier level and you were a Phillips guy, you might as well forget, once 55 came around, you would not get any salary increases as was told to me separately and if they could think of any reason, you were terminated at age 55 or as soon after..I can provide 15-25 names who left at 55,of who i knew.

Advice to Management

quit installing a atmosphere of fear and retaliation. I literally saw heated arguements in the trading betweem grade 19 ande 20 managers. This made the employees in this group to only want to come in at 8 and get the hell out of there as soon as you can. Both of these managers were later promoted to Canada and then Hong Kong?Dubai. I am gone so i am just providing facts of what happen its up to management to check our the facts and addreess the issue. Terrible atmosphere

2. "Fantastic"

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Bartlesville, OK
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in Bartlesville, OK

I have been working at ConocoPhillips full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good company, incentives and management. Opportunity to grow, woinderful team mentality and rewards for preformance.

Cons

High stress and goals and long hours. Complicated system knowledge requirements and a lot of HSE compliance.

Advice to Management

N/A