ConocoPhillips - Fantastic experience | Glassdoor

"Fantastic experience"

Current Employee - IT Manager in Bartlesville, OK
Current Employee - IT Manager in Bartlesville, OK

I have been working at ConocoPhillips full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Exciting company, in the midst of transformation. Aggressive growth, and high rewards. Great work-life balance, great benefits, good culture.

Since the company split (Phillips 66 is the new, separate downstream company), the company is reinventing itself as a low-risk, high-return company.

Cons

Somewhat bureaucratic, but normal for a large company. Somewhat challenging to interact with colleagues across the globe, or even understand what's going on in other areas of the business.

Advice to Management

Keep it up. Very happy to be part of the team.

Other Employee Reviews for ConocoPhillips

1. "It's political, but the work is rewarding."

Former Contractor - Contractor in Bartlesville, OK
    Former Contractor - Contractor in Bartlesville, OK

I worked at ConocoPhillips as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

I enjoyed the work and the resources the company provided in order to be successful.

Cons

I did not like the politics and how there was office bullying in the department. If your group has over thirty analysts and associates, then watch out for clicks.

Advice to Management

I'm optimistic about this company, but see many things that need to change in order before people will be truly satisfied with their jobs.

2. "Contracts Administrator for Turn Around in Santa Maria, CA"

Former Contractor - Contract Specialist in Santa Maria, CA
    Former Contractor - Contract Specialist in Santa Maria, CA

I worked at ConocoPhillips as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone talks about the future a person can have with ConocoPhillips

Cons

They were overloaded with work, that no one wanted to take time to give basic instructions. Other than showing someone where the bathroom was, nothing. The underlying problem was they had a change over to SAP and no one in the location had a thorough knowledge of how to teach the system and when you would contact someone in Bartlesville they lacked the time to work a person through the usage of the part of the system that pertained to just procurement. I spent some 6 weeks their and spent most of my time in contemplation trying to fine a base from which I could then expand to be a productive team player.

Advice to Management

Don't take that southern attitude that people are lazy and you can keep firing people until you finally get someone who is just a good ole boy. We are all teachers and students and not taking time to learn and instruct, ruins a company's bottom line of profitability. Work on having a low turn over and not fostering the attitude through out they company that temp's are second class citizens.