Constant Contact - Fun and Valuable Internship | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Constant Contact

"Fun and Valuable Internship"

Current Intern - Anonymous Intern in Waltham, MA
Current Intern - Anonymous Intern in Waltham, MA

I have been working at Constant Contact as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

- Interesting Work
- Knowledgeable People
- Friendly Environment
- Competitive Pay
- Fun, Social Activities
- Quality Intern Program
- Relatively Transparent Management in regards to strategy for a company of its size

Constant Contact offers a great internship program. I was very lucky to have secured a position over the summer in my area of interest. I landed on a great team working on an interesting project, from which I learned a lot about being effective in the software world. The company has a good name, and that has opened doors for me in finding a full-time job. While I wish I could have stayed on-board as a permanent employee, I'm still happy nonetheless for the opportunity I had at a great company. I felt appreciated as an intern. I was being assigned meaningful work. And the pay was good, as well as the frequent free food and beer cart Fridays. HR went to great lengths to make our time at CTCT enjoyable. We had lunch sessions with the senior executives, including Gail, the CEO. We were treated to a Red Sox game. And a few other freebies. Considering that we were all getting paid to learn and grow in our respective fields, the attention and care we received was very generous.

Cons

- Product Suite not as cutting edge as some of our competitors
- Size: Organization sometimes felt comprised of silos
- Slow to Implement Change (So much buy-in and negotiation required)

Advice to Management

- Implement Innovation Faster
- Look to the future, try not to be trapped by the legacy
- Cultivate more cross-functional interaction among all employees, not just middle and upper and management

Other Employee Reviews for Constant Contact

"Untrustworthy"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

I worked at Constant Contact full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

If you make the right connections you will move up in the company quickly.

Cons

Management tends not to keep the employees in the loop of things. They tend to lay off and let go certain individuals and then put unknowledgeable people in those position and pay them less and unfortunately they have no type of impact in the organization.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees and stop hiring people/promoting people that are not knowledgeable of the product and not promote them because they are a friend with members of the senior management team. Basically hire and promote in talent and not friendship. Its funny how they come out of their quarterly earnings and talk about how many people they hire but they don't talk about the employees that they lay off. This company will be going down soon they have no sense of drive or direction.

"Went downhill fast"

Current Employee - Sales in Loveland, CO
    Current Employee - Sales in Loveland, CO

I have been working at Constant Contact full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fantastic benefits, medical, 401K is amazing.

Cons

The product has fallen far behind free options and no real development has been done to widen the offering. Gail Goodman is about E-mail...not small businesses. If she was then the product would reflect what customers want. They have gone full on call center and are just concerned with getting the card asap rather than educating the customer which they hid behind for a while. Instead of innovate they cut cost as much as they could. Stop drinking your own kool aid. you are not the best anymore, your main customer now is someone who doesn't know any better. Being the choice of the educated customer is out the window now.

Advice to Management

Take an honest look at yourself, force Gail out and get someone in who isn't solely driven by an insane ego. Sounds harsh but it's true, if you are going to work at CTCT in sales then prepare for a very very high pressure high.