Constantin Associates - well-kept secret | Glassdoor

"well-kept secret"

Current Employee - Senior Auditor in New York, NY
Current Employee - Senior Auditor in New York, NY

I have been working at Constantin Associates full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

friendly work atmosphere, exciting and varied work. you are quickly given responsibilities and work directly with partners and managers.Top performers are paid above average but you will need to pay your dues first and that could take a couple (several?) of years. also the entry level and intermediate salaries are lower than average though. two types of employees, the interns and the permanent ones. the interns are mostly foreign students on short term basis and have a high turnover, permanent employees have a lower turnover than industry averages and most have been there from 5 to 25 years. Only the best tend to stay, those who don't fit leave quickly or are not kept. overall it is a nice and secure place to build a career in public accounting if you like the work, but you will have to demonstrate dedication and loyalty. to know a foreign language is helpful.

Cons

busy season takes its toll, but compared to my previous company it is really not extreme, I have heard worse from my friends at other places. Also the firm is really big on work quality, so you should expect to deliver high quality work and at a fast pace. this can be challenging and may take some time depending on where you are starting from. If you are a bit lazy, or looking for a place to chill this is not the place to be. the firm is small so if you are not up to par, it will show immediately. expectations are a lot higher than in my previous (E&Y) accounting firm.

Advice to Management

maybe hire or promote more at managers level, so you could be more available for employees, as you seem to have a lot on your plates
would be nice to have more social events for the employees

Other Employee Reviews for Constantin Associates

"Staff accountant"

Pros

Hands on experience, different industries exposure

Cons

Poor management, organization, employee turnover, understaffed

"Great experience – Great internship"

Current Intern - Intern in New York, NY
    Current Intern - Intern in New York, NY

I have been working at Constantin Associates as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent people; the team is very helpful and the partners are really accessible; great work environment for a first experience in New York; workload was extremely manageable and actually enjoyable.
    I really had a great and instructive time during my one-year internship here with Constantin and I would definitely recommend it.

Cons

Lot of work during busy season. Roughly five months throughout the year (mid-January to mid-April).

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, and continue this internship program.