Constellation Brands - I interned for Constellation Brands during the summer of 2012 and found it to be an incredible learning experience. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Constellation Brands

"I interned for Constellation Brands during the summer of 2012 and found it to be an incredible learning experience."

Former Intern - Marketing Intern in Fresno, CA
Former Intern - Marketing Intern in Fresno, CA

I worked at Constellation Brands as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

This is a great place to work because of the caring and diverse employee culture and the ability to take a hands-on approach to work from day one. I was given a great deal of responsibility from the beginning which greatly added to my professional learning process.

Cons

Could perhaps improve on employee productivity, at least in the division I worked. However, I cannot speak for headquarters.

Other Employee Reviews for Constellation Brands

1. "Fortune 500 or Bust !"

Current Employee - Director of Sales - Spirits
    Current Employee - Director of Sales - Spirits

I have been working at Constellation Brands full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good starting point for young talent entering the industry, however future growth opportunities are somewhat limited in the sales area.

Cons

It's all about the #'s. Make your case & depletion goals and you are a star. Don't make them and you are gone. They are good at growing big brands. However, they have a very poor record of developing new brands or having any patience to nurture and do the heavy lifting of real brand building. Please note that this is a wine company with Spirit brands. Fine Wines & On-Premise areas take a back seat to grocery or mass merchandiser channel management.

Advice to Management

Do a better job of evaluating and developing your bench by providing a succession plan for key employees.

"Great if your one of the beautiful people..."

Current Employee - Fusion in Victor, NY
    Current Employee - Fusion in Victor, NY

I have been working at Constellation Brands full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Above average pay, bonus...sinful! Lots of money thrown at problems....because they can

Cons

Cutthroat atmosphere, rude and often foul mouth management, not friendly to new blood. If a given area had pressure....higher paid folks get tossed aside. Poor HR practices - though documented processes are progressive and look good - behaviors by mgt (as inpsired by the top dogs) is anything but moral and ethical

Advice to Management

Pay attention - many great people have left because you had no checks and balances on your second level of mgt. Your loss