Constellation - I have enjoyed my time there and am looking forward to growing in the company | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Constellation

"I have enjoyed my time there and am looking forward to growing in the company"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Lusby, MD
Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Lusby, MD

Pros

Lots of room to grow due to the retiring work force. Also the salary is good and the people are very good and enjoyable to work with. I get the feeling that most workers would do a lot for each other.

Cons

The benefits (health care) were recently reduced, but that is more common with the new rules. Also the demands of the work week can often exceed the normal 40 hours.

Other Employee Reviews for Constellation

1. "great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Pros

collegial atmosphere. good pay and benefits. interesting work.

Cons

senior management and strategy issues.

2. "Great Place to Work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Pros

Constellation/BGE encourage creativity and diversity. The employees and leadership are demonstrate the core values. Safety and customer satisfaction are critical, but are not achieved on the backs of the linemen. There are many opportunities. I left to explore other opportunities, but would return in a heart beat.

Cons

Constellation has faced some financial challenges, but weathered the storms well. It is a customer service industry which the general public doesn't always understand or appreciate. If you work for BGE, expect some impact to your work-life balance during storms and other emergent events.

Advice to Management

Continue to communicate changes to employees. Recent merger communications have been well thought out and implemented. Learn from feedback provided during the 2010 union campaign to avoid similar employee sentiment.