Constellation - Rewarding summer internship, depending on which department you work | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Constellation

"Rewarding summer internship, depending on which department you work"

Current Employee - Summer Intern in Baltimore, MD
Current Employee - Summer Intern in Baltimore, MD

Pros

Though I only worked as an intern, I gathered from my full-time colleagues that Constellation has a competitive and generous compensation package. This includes full tuition reimbursements at local colleges and universities. Furthermore, I worked in downtown Baltimore near Inner Harbor so the location is vibrant and exciting, especially during the summer. Many of my intern friends in other departments were kept very busy and immediately immersed in the company's everyday operations.

Cons

I had minimal training and was given very little direction as to what goals I was hired to accomplish. For most of my time there, I was felt quite bored due to lack of work.

Advice to Management

Instead of sending out mass e-mails as the primary way of communicating important issues and changes, find a more effective medium so that it's less impersonal.

Other Employee Reviews for Constellation

"Former Employee"

Current Employee - Marketing Associate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Marketing Associate in New York, NY

Pros

They have a great benefits package medical sick leave and other non-monetary benefits. Had satellite offices in many cities as well.

Cons

Company was not very responsible in spending
    Lies to employees about the financial shape and current status
    Horrible severance package if you get laid off

Advice to Management

Be honest with employees and might avoid pitfalls. Stay within energy and not go outside core with trading energy with investment banks.

2. "Oil Trading"

Former Employee - Intern in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Intern in Baltimore, MD

Pros

Had a great experience ar Constellation. They have a great culture with great workers. My team worked very well together and they paid well.

Cons

Sometimes it seemed that it was hard to move within the company. I enjoyed my team but felt if I wanted to switch it would of been hard.

Advice to Management

I felt that they could of offered a program which would enable the interns to move amongst the different teams and really see the exposure within the company.