Constellation - Former CNE Employee | Glassdoor

"Former CNE Employee"

Former Employee - Middle Management In Retail Operations in Houston, TX
Former Employee - Middle Management In Retail Operations in Houston, TX

Pros

Health Benefits are the only positive that I experienced while at Constellation Energy. The only other thing that comes close to a "Pro" is the work/life balance.

Cons

As stated in the "Pros" of work/life balance, the reason that the hours are low is because senior management does not push employees to strive to perform at a higher level.

Advancement opportunities are very limited.

Information sharing (re: to the business and employee's performance) is very limited.

Advice to Management

Stop rewarding employee complacency and focus on the employees with the knowledge and determination. Constellation also needs to focus on adding valuable talent and not just "button pushers".

Other Employee Reviews for Constellation

"Rewarding summer internship, depending on which department you work"

Current Employee - Summer Intern in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Summer Intern in Baltimore, MD

Pros

Though I only worked as an intern, I gathered from my full-time colleagues that Constellation has a competitive and generous compensation package. This includes full tuition reimbursements at local colleges and universities. Furthermore, I worked in downtown Baltimore near Inner Harbor so the location is vibrant and exciting, especially during the summer. Many of my intern friends in other departments were kept very busy and immediately immersed in the company's everyday operations.

Cons

I had minimal training and was given very little direction as to what goals I was hired to accomplish. For most of my time there, I was felt quite bored due to lack of work.

Advice to Management

Instead of sending out mass e-mails as the primary way of communicating important issues and changes, find a more effective medium so that it's less impersonal.

"Former Employee"

Current Employee - Marketing Associate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Marketing Associate in New York, NY

Pros

They have a great benefits package medical sick leave and other non-monetary benefits. Had satellite offices in many cities as well.

Cons

Company was not very responsible in spending
    Lies to employees about the financial shape and current status
    Horrible severance package if you get laid off

Advice to Management

Be honest with employees and might avoid pitfalls. Stay within energy and not go outside core with trading energy with investment banks.