Consumer Financial Protection Bureau - Innovative Federal Agency With An Important Mission | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Consumer Financial Protection Bureau

"Innovative Federal Agency With An Important Mission"

Pros

A new (and 21st century) agency with a great mission: to educate and protect the American consumer. The talent, dedication, and passion of ALL employees at CFPB provides a tremendous working environment. No matter what your role is, you will find the opportunity to be innovative and establish a sound market that works for consumers. CFPB is the next big leader in public service.

Cons

Coming from the private sector, I was accustomed to a fast pace environment. While we are a few notches above many other agencies, we encompass the same hurdles when implementing change.

Other Employee Reviews for Consumer Financial Protection Bureau

1. "Do work that matters."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at Consumer Financial Protection Bureau full-time (More than a year)

Pros

CFPB is a rarity in the public sector: a newly created agency in a critical sector of the economy, charged with protecting consumers. CFPB offers unparalleled opportunity to contribute in a meaningful way to helping others. I've never worked with smarter, more capable people, many of whom share my deep commitment to the bureau's mission.

Cons

As a new agency, there are still a lot of processes being built. One side effect of working with brilliant people is that they can have strong opinions if they disagree, and continuing to refine role clarity and "swim lanes" can be a challenge.

Advice to Management

Keep prioritizing the culture and steadily building processes and structures that help people to do their jobs; avoid the temptation to become a traditional bureaucracy.

2. "Overall Good Experience"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern

I worked at Consumer Financial Protection Bureau as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Good Mission, Smart People, Data-Driven

Cons

Still lacks the strong organization necessary to succeed